Apple has stopped signing iOS 6.1.3 and iOS 6.1.4 for devices capable of running iOS 7 and users will no longer be able to downgrade their devices running on iOS 7. Besides, Apple has killed the ability to restore custom IPSW for iOS 7 with iTunes 11.1.
However, there is an exception for iPhone 4 users. Those who have saved SHSH blobs for iOS 6.1.3 will be able to downgrade their devices from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.3 or earlier firmware version using iFaith.
iPhone 4 can be downgraded from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.3 using iFaith.
iPhone 4 users who wish to downgrade their devices from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1. 3, may follow our step-by-step guide.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be liable for any damage to the device. Users are also advised to verify that their iPhones following set of requirements.
1) iFaith (developed by iOS hacker, iH8sn0w) is only for Windows.
2) You can downgrade only if you have iOS 6.1.3 SHSH blobs.
3) This downgrade method is only for iPhone 4. It is not possible to downgrade other iOS 7 compatible devices such as iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad mini and iPod Touch 5G.
4) As the process involves restoring the device with custom iOS firmware file, restoring it from backup will take some time.
5) Once the device is downgraded to iOS 6.1.3, users will be able to restore from an iOS 6.1.3 compatible backup, but not from the iOS 7 backup. So create a backup of data including photos and videos.
6) Although the iOS 7 backup may not be useful once the iPhone is downgraded, it is always recommended that you create a backup using iTunes or iCloud so that users can recover data if something is lost during the downgrade process.
7) The iPhone 4 should have battery charge above 80%.
Steps to downgrade iPhone 4 from iOS 7 to iOS 6.1.3 via iFaith v1.5.9