All eyes will be on the Denver Broncos and star quarterback Peyton Manning when they visit the Dallas Cowboys Sunday afternoon. Can the Broncos notch their fifth straight victory? Or will the Cowboys finally put a stop on this Manning romp and give the Broncos their first loss of the season?
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning throws against the Philadelphia Eagles in the third quarter of their NFL football game in Denver
Denver's win have come in dominating fashion. All victories against the Baltimore Ravens (49-27), New York Giants (41-23), Oakland Raider (37-21) and Philadelphia Eagles (52-20) were in double-digits with an average margin of victory of 22.0 points—easily the best in point-differential through four games into the 2013 regular season.
The culprit for the impressive start is none other than Manning, who has set NFL records left and right in this stretch. The 37-year-old veteran has thrown 16 touchdowns in the first four games, the most ever by an individual through the first month of a season breaking Kurt Warner’s and Don Meredith’s 14 TDs.
Expectedly, Manning currently has the best passer rating (138.0) leading the league in completions (117), percentage (75.0) and passing yards (1,470).
Playing at home, Dallas will be hard-pressed but motivated to stop Denver and Manning’s aerial attack. The Cowboys are 27th in the league in pass defense at 304.5 yards per game.
However, the Cowboys know that this Denver squad is vulnerable to the pass as well-- the Broncos rank 30th in pass defense giving up 316.3 yards per outing.
Something Dallas QB Tony Romo can take advantage of in this match-up. In four games, Romo has completed 72.4 per cent completion (110-of-152) with 8 TD, 1 INT and a 105.0 passer rating, 4th overall among quarterbacks.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Denver Broncos Trends
- Broncos are 3-0-1 ATS in their last 4 games
- Broncos are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games in Week 5
- Broncos are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games on the road
Dallas Cowboys Trends
- Cowboys are 3-10 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- Cowboys are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games in Week 5
- Cowboys are 3-1 ATS in their last 4 games
Game Odds: Denver Broncos (-7.5) vs. Dallas Cowboys (O/U 55.5)
Broncos vs. Cowboys Live Streaming
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]