The Good Wife Season 5 Spoilers: Emotions Explode as Alicia and Cary Leave Lockhart Gardner, Kalinda Chooses Ship [PHOTO, VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | October 7, 2013 2:53 AM EST
The Good Wife Season 5 premiered on Sunday (Sept. 29) with an episode called, "Everything is Ending." The first episode of the new chapter shows Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies) and Cary Argos (Matt Czuchry) getting ready to break off Lockhart Gardner as "the new Will and Diane."
Still on The Good Wife Season 5, Episode 2: Peter Florrick (Chris Noth) avoids another temptation. Kalinda Sharma (Archie Panjabi) has yet to know about Alicia's decision. Meanwhile, Alicia's daughter Grace (Makenzie Vega) takes the No. 4 spot in a Web site's list of hottest politician's daughters.
Starting a new firm is taking its toll on both Alicia and Cary. "You're trying to quietly solicit clients for the new firm as you get your ducks in order and you feel like a betrayer," The Good Wife co-creator Robert King told Entertainment Weekly. Season 5 will see emotions explode as this ship switch develops.
For Alicia, the right move is to leave ASAP. But the fourth year associates are insisting they should get their bonus first. David Lee (Zach Grenier) has sensed something fishy is going on, and he summons both Alicia and Kalinda for information.
Meanwhile, at the governor's office, it remains to be seen whether Peter Florrick made the right call in "promoting" the pretty blonde Marilyn (Melissa George) of the ethics commission.
"Melissa George's character is truly an ethical person, and for her, ethics are supreme over everything - expediency, pragmatism, results," said King.
The Good Wife Season 5, Episode 2 ("The Bit Bucket") teasers show an upset Diane Lockhart (Christine Baranski) and an even more upset Will Gardner (Josh Charles). Kalinda will also be unhappy with Alicia's keeping secrets from her. It is expected to be a very emotional episode, with a lot of hate and resentment among the core characters.
VIDEO: The Good Wife Season 5 Spoilers from Alicia Actress Julianna Margulies
The Good Wife Season 5, Episode 2 ("The Bit Bucket") is will feature Alicia's mother, Veronica (Stockhard Channing). According to CBS promos, the episode synopsis reads: ""Unaware that Lockhart/Gardner's communications are being monitored, Cary and Alicia sue the NSA on Chumhum's behalf; Alicia receives support from her mother; Eli tries to secure Diane's Supreme Court nomination."
More 'The Good Wife Season 5' and TV Guide Features:
The Good Wife Season 5 Spoilers: 'Everything is Ending,' Julianna Margulies Teases 'Bloodbath,' 'Whirlwind' and 'Explosion' [PHOTOS]
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 Spoilers: Shonda Rhimes Dishes Scoop on a Wedding, Sandra Oh's Departure, and Bailey's Marriage [PHOTOS]
The Mentalist Season 6 Spoilers: Brett Partridge Out as Red John? The Big Lisbon Mistake! [PHOTOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans