The Good Wife Season 5 Spoilers: Emotions Explode as Alicia and Cary Leave Lockhart Gardner, Kalinda Chooses Ship [PHOTO, VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | October 7, 2013 2:53 AM EST
The Good Wife Season 5 premiered on Sunday (Sept. 29) with an episode called, "Everything is Ending." The first episode of the new chapter shows Alicia Florrick (Julianna Margulies) and Cary Argos (Matt Czuchry) getting ready to break off Lockhart Gardner as "the new Will and Diane."
Still on The Good Wife Season 5, Episode 2: Peter Florrick (Chris Noth) avoids another temptation. Kalinda Sharma (Archie Panjabi) has yet to know about Alicia's decision. Meanwhile, Alicia's daughter Grace (Makenzie Vega) takes the No. 4 spot in a Web site's list of hottest politician's daughters.
Starting a new firm is taking its toll on both Alicia and Cary. "You're trying to quietly solicit clients for the new firm as you get your ducks in order and you feel like a betrayer," The Good Wife co-creator Robert King told Entertainment Weekly. Season 5 will see emotions explode as this ship switch develops.
For Alicia, the right move is to leave ASAP. But the fourth year associates are insisting they should get their bonus first. David Lee (Zach Grenier) has sensed something fishy is going on, and he summons both Alicia and Kalinda for information.
Meanwhile, at the governor's office, it remains to be seen whether Peter Florrick made the right call in "promoting" the pretty blonde Marilyn (Melissa George) of the ethics commission.
"Melissa George's character is truly an ethical person, and for her, ethics are supreme over everything - expediency, pragmatism, results," said King.
The Good Wife Season 5, Episode 2 ("The Bit Bucket") teasers show an upset Diane Lockhart (Christine Baranski) and an even more upset Will Gardner (Josh Charles). Kalinda will also be unhappy with Alicia's keeping secrets from her. It is expected to be a very emotional episode, with a lot of hate and resentment among the core characters.
VIDEO: The Good Wife Season 5 Spoilers from Alicia Actress Julianna Margulies
The Good Wife Season 5, Episode 2 ("The Bit Bucket") is will feature Alicia's mother, Veronica (Stockhard Channing). According to CBS promos, the episode synopsis reads: ""Unaware that Lockhart/Gardner's communications are being monitored, Cary and Alicia sue the NSA on Chumhum's behalf; Alicia receives support from her mother; Eli tries to secure Diane's Supreme Court nomination."
More 'The Good Wife Season 5' and TV Guide Features:
The Good Wife Season 5 Spoilers: 'Everything is Ending,' Julianna Margulies Teases 'Bloodbath,' 'Whirlwind' and 'Explosion' [PHOTOS]
Grey's Anatomy Season 10 Spoilers: Shonda Rhimes Dishes Scoop on a Wedding, Sandra Oh's Departure, and Bailey's Marriage [PHOTOS]
The Mentalist Season 6 Spoilers: Brett Partridge Out as Red John? The Big Lisbon Mistake! [PHOTOS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People