Two young but wildly successful quarterbacks face off Sunday afternoon as the undefeated Seattle Seahawks take on the Indianapolis Colts, winner of three of four to start the year.
Both teams made the playoffs last year and are looking prime to make another playoffs run this year led the steady play of second-year QBs Russell Westbrook of Seattle and Andrew Luck of Indianapolis.
Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck passes the football while Colts offensive tackle Anthony Castonzo blocks Oakland Raiders defensive end Lamarr Houston during the second half of an NFL football game in Indianapolis
The Seahawks’ perfection through four weeks came at the expense of Carolina Panthers (12-7), San Francisco 49ers (29-3), Jacksonville Jaguars (45-17) and Houston Texans (23-20 OT).
Meanwhile, the Colts lost a close one vs. the Miami Dolphins (20-24) in Week 2 but won in three other games—versus the Oakland Raiders (21-17), 49ers (27-7) and Jaguars (37-3) for a 3-1 win-loss card going into Week 5.
Luck has 915 passing yards on 63.8 per cent completion with 5 touchdowns and 2 interceptions while Wilson has 787 passing yards on 61.5 per cent completion with 6 TD and 3 INT.
While both teams are led by highly-recognizable players under center, the teams’ respective ground games and pass defense have been consistent for the season.
Indianapolis and Seattle average 150.3 (4th) and 144.3 rushing yards per game, respectively. Also, the Seahawks and Colts allow only 191.3 (4th) and 200.5 (7th) passing yards per game respectively, making them the top teams in the NFL in both categories.
The good defense has translated in the score line as well. Seattle holds opponents to 11.8 points per outing-- 2nd best in the NFL while Indianapolis limits opponents to 12.8 PPG.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Seattle Seahawks Trends
- Seahawks are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- Seahawks are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games on the road vs. teams within winning home records
- Seahawks are 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games vs. teams with winning records
- Seahawks are 5-2-1 ATS in their last 8 games in October
- Seahawks are 26-9-1 ATS in their last 36 games overall.
Indianapolis Colts Trends
- Colts are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games
- Colts are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games at home
- Colts are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in Week 5
- Colts are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
- Colts are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games after an ATS win
Game Odds: Seattle Seahawks (+1) vs. Indianapolis Colts (O/U 43.5)
Seahawks vs. Colts Live Streaming
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]