The New Orleans Saints are enjoying their best start in four years and are hoping to up their winning streak to five when they go on the road on Sunday afternoon versus the Chicago Bears, which have won the last three match-ups versus the Saints at Soldier Field in Chicago.
Chicago Bears' Brandon Marshall celebrates scoring the game winning touchdown with teammate Jay Cutler against the Cincinnati Bengals during the fourth quarter of their NFL football game in Chicago, Illinois
At this time in the 2012 regular season at the height of the Bountygate drama, the Saints were 0-4 after four games. New Orleans struggled all-year long and missed the playoffs with a 7-9 win-loss record.
Clearly, 2013 is different year for the Saints. They've stringed four straight Ws in four games to start the season-- three at home vs. the Atlanta Falcons (23-17), Arizona Cardinals (31-7) and Miami Dolphins (38-17), and one on the road vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (16-14).
New Orleans ranks second in the NFL in average passing yards per game (338.3), led by 34-year-old quarterback Drew Brees, who has a completed 111 of 166 passes (66.9 per cent completion) in 2013 for 1,434 yards (2nd overall in the entire league).
However, one team that Brees has trouble with in his career has been the Bears. He hasn’t won in Chicago (0-4) in four games there and has only completed 55.7 per cent of his passes and 6 interceptions in 4 games there.
Even New Orleans head coach Sean Payton has had trouble at Soldier Field—he’s 0-3 vs. the Bears in Chicago, which has won three of the last four match-ups with the Saints.
The Bears began the year with three straight wins-- at home vs. the Cincinnati Bengals (24-21) and Minnesota Vikings (31-30) and on the road vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers (40-23). They lost to the Detroit Lions last week, 32-40.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
New Orleans Saints Trends
- Saints are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games
- Saints are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games vs. teams with winning records
- Saints are 3-12-1 ATS in their last 16 games in Week 5
Chicago Bears Trends
- Bears are 1-6 ATS in their last 6 games vs. NFC teams
- Bears are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games at home
- Bears are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in Week 5
Betting Odds: New Orleans Saints (PK) vs. Chicago Bears (O/U 48.5)
Saints vs. Bears Live Streaming
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]