Devina DeDiva has made herself -- or her socal media name -- infamous online by antagonizing Miss World 2013 Megan Young and her home country, the Philippines.
Devina DeDiva Social Media Uproar: 10 Things to Know – if You’ve Been Offline Awhile (memegenarator.net)
A Facebook status and follow-up comments regarding Megan Young and the Filipinas made Devina DeDiva a social media hate vessel. Did Devina really lose her job, get questioned by police, and apologize to Miss World 2013 Megan Young? Here are "10 Things to Know" about the Miss World basher:
1. After Megan Young of the Philippines was crowned Miss World 2013, Devina DeDiva raised a slur on Facebook.
2. DeDiva's Facebook post quickly spread online, showing the power of viral hate.
3. Filipinos in social media have called DeDiva various names over the insult. But there is virtually no legit information on her identity.
RELATED: Who is Devina DeDiva? Facebook Post vs Miss World 2013 Megan Young Results in Unemployment and Criminal Charges? [PHOTOS]
4. There have been reports that Devina DeDiva has lost her job in Singapore, and she's facing criminal charges over the racial slur.
5. A suspicious "Devina DeDiva" account was created on Twitter on Oct. 2. The account has over 500 followers, but only follows Megan Young.
6. There may have not been an apology, after all. The Twitter account appears to have been created by a poser.
7. "Devina DeDiva" tweeted she "got a job again." No other details. But another Twitter user shows a photo of the "new job."
8. Devina DeDiva has since changed the settings of her Facebook account, but some fake ones and a "community page" emerged.
9. Miss World 2013 Megan Young couldn't care less about Devina DeDiva.
10. Not only the original Devina DeDiva account has become inactive on Facebook.
Anthony Benedicto, the man who reportedly filed criminal charges against Devina DeDiva has gone incognito on Facebook, as well. (Credit: Facebook)
The man who reportedly filed criminal charges against her has gone incognito on Facebook, as well. The Philippines is expected to move on from the Devina DeDiva controversy. But social media ethics advocates are hoping the netizens have picked up a lesson or two from this whole Miss World 2013 chapter.
Read More Social Media Features:
Devina DeDiva Update: Criminal Charges Reportedly Filed Against Miss World Megan Young's Basher [READ]
Web Worker Marina Shifrin's 'How to Make a Viral Video' Gets 10 M Views in 6 Days [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
Breaking Bad Funny Memes Trending: 'Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Didn't End Like Dexter' [MORE]
To contact the editor, e-mail: