NBA Preseason: Chicago Bulls, Oklahoma City Thunder Win; Houston Rockets Go Down Against New Orleans Pelicans
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 6, 2013 10:38 PM EST
Chicago bulls defeated Indiana Pacers 82-76 in an exhibition match at Indianapolis.
The match saw Derrick Rose return to the Bulls team after being side-lined for the whole of last season due to injury. Rose looked sharp as he scored 13 points in 20 minutes. His injury worries seemed to be a thing of the past as he looked eager to take up the challenges. Before the game, Rose said he is looking forward to the season after missing out on it last time.
"I'm just going to play the same way that I normally do," the 25-year-old player said. "There's no point in holding back. I think that we go as I go, and me being aggressive gets people open and that's how I'm going to play."
"It's going to be exciting, man, but at the same time, just take it as a regular game and try and go out there and win," he said adding, "But for us, it's our time to tune things up, get our offense going, moving the ball, and defensively I think we're great."
In another preseason match in Istanbul, Kevin Durant led Oklahoma City Thunder to a victory over Fenerbahce. Durant scored 24 points as Thunder won 95-82. Durant also had eight rebounds in a match that saw Russel Westbrook return after his knee surgery. Oklahoma will now play Philadelphia 76ers in Manchester, England.
Dwight Howard's debut match with Houston Rockets didn't go according to plans as they suffered a 116-115 defeat at the hands of New Orleans Pelicans. Anthony Morrow starred for Pelicans as he scored 26 points. Howard managed 19 points and nine rebounds. This was Howard's first match after signing up with Rockets during the off-season in a 4-year deal worth $88 million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies