NBA Preseason: Chicago Bulls, Oklahoma City Thunder Win; Houston Rockets Go Down Against New Orleans Pelicans
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 6, 2013 10:38 PM EST
Chicago bulls defeated Indiana Pacers 82-76 in an exhibition match at Indianapolis.
The match saw Derrick Rose return to the Bulls team after being side-lined for the whole of last season due to injury. Rose looked sharp as he scored 13 points in 20 minutes. His injury worries seemed to be a thing of the past as he looked eager to take up the challenges. Before the game, Rose said he is looking forward to the season after missing out on it last time.
"I'm just going to play the same way that I normally do," the 25-year-old player said. "There's no point in holding back. I think that we go as I go, and me being aggressive gets people open and that's how I'm going to play."
"It's going to be exciting, man, but at the same time, just take it as a regular game and try and go out there and win," he said adding, "But for us, it's our time to tune things up, get our offense going, moving the ball, and defensively I think we're great."
In another preseason match in Istanbul, Kevin Durant led Oklahoma City Thunder to a victory over Fenerbahce. Durant scored 24 points as Thunder won 95-82. Durant also had eight rebounds in a match that saw Russel Westbrook return after his knee surgery. Oklahoma will now play Philadelphia 76ers in Manchester, England.
Dwight Howard's debut match with Houston Rockets didn't go according to plans as they suffered a 116-115 defeat at the hands of New Orleans Pelicans. Anthony Morrow starred for Pelicans as he scored 26 points. Howard managed 19 points and nine rebounds. This was Howard's first match after signing up with Rockets during the off-season in a 4-year deal worth $88 million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan