NBA Preseason: Chicago Bulls, Oklahoma City Thunder Win; Houston Rockets Go Down Against New Orleans Pelicans
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 6, 2013 10:38 PM EST
Chicago bulls defeated Indiana Pacers 82-76 in an exhibition match at Indianapolis.
The match saw Derrick Rose return to the Bulls team after being side-lined for the whole of last season due to injury. Rose looked sharp as he scored 13 points in 20 minutes. His injury worries seemed to be a thing of the past as he looked eager to take up the challenges. Before the game, Rose said he is looking forward to the season after missing out on it last time.
"I'm just going to play the same way that I normally do," the 25-year-old player said. "There's no point in holding back. I think that we go as I go, and me being aggressive gets people open and that's how I'm going to play."
"It's going to be exciting, man, but at the same time, just take it as a regular game and try and go out there and win," he said adding, "But for us, it's our time to tune things up, get our offense going, moving the ball, and defensively I think we're great."
In another preseason match in Istanbul, Kevin Durant led Oklahoma City Thunder to a victory over Fenerbahce. Durant scored 24 points as Thunder won 95-82. Durant also had eight rebounds in a match that saw Russel Westbrook return after his knee surgery. Oklahoma will now play Philadelphia 76ers in Manchester, England.
Dwight Howard's debut match with Houston Rockets didn't go according to plans as they suffered a 116-115 defeat at the hands of New Orleans Pelicans. Anthony Morrow starred for Pelicans as he scored 26 points. Howard managed 19 points and nine rebounds. This was Howard's first match after signing up with Rockets during the off-season in a 4-year deal worth $88 million.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29