Andy Murray Follows Roger Federer’s Footsteps, Personalised Logo to Appear on Tennis Apparel, Ready for the Australian Open in January
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 4, 2013 4:12 PM EST
Andy Murray, who ranks third in the Worlds rankings, is following the footsteps of Roger Federer.
The 26-year-old British athlete has hired a branding agency to design his own personalised logo, much like Federer's trademark logo RF.
In 2009, Murray signed a contract deal with Adidas, which lasts for five years. He wears Adidas for his apparel and tennis shoes. Thus, it is expected that once the logo has been finalised and ratified by Murray, himself, it will soon appear on all his attire, including tennis rackets.
Murray and his new management company, 77, granted Aesop the right to create the logo that signifies him, following an eight-way pitch.
"Andy's success in the Wimbledon gave a new chapter for British tennis," said Martin Grimer, who acts as the Executive Creative Director of Aesop. "Winning the contract to create and narrate Andy's story and deliver his iconic identity is a grand slam," Grimer added.
Andy Murray is the first British athlete to win the Wimbledon Open in 77 years. It was a victory that Murray won on the seventh day of the seventh month. Seven could be Murray's lucky number then. He currently ranks British No 1 at present time.
As such, Aesop has been instructed to create two trademark logos. They will appear on Murray's apparel and on the company's touch points and collateral.
Murray is currently resting, having undergone a back surgery, and he is likely to be out for the remaining of the season. However, Craig Tiley, who is the director of the Australian Open, stated on Wednesday that Murray is a starter in the forthcoming tournament in Melbourne on January 2014.
"Andy is fine," Tiley said. "I talk to his mother, Judy, quite often, Andy wants to win the Australian Open, so he will be okay," Tiley added. "We will definitely see Andy playing at the end of the year," Tiley continued.
A lot of tennis sports enthusiasts, definitely, can't wait for Andy Murray's comeback.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop