Andy Murray Follows Roger Federer’s Footsteps, Personalised Logo to Appear on Tennis Apparel, Ready for the Australian Open in January
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 4, 2013 4:12 PM EST
Andy Murray, who ranks third in the Worlds rankings, is following the footsteps of Roger Federer.
The 26-year-old British athlete has hired a branding agency to design his own personalised logo, much like Federer's trademark logo RF.
In 2009, Murray signed a contract deal with Adidas, which lasts for five years. He wears Adidas for his apparel and tennis shoes. Thus, it is expected that once the logo has been finalised and ratified by Murray, himself, it will soon appear on all his attire, including tennis rackets.
Murray and his new management company, 77, granted Aesop the right to create the logo that signifies him, following an eight-way pitch.
"Andy's success in the Wimbledon gave a new chapter for British tennis," said Martin Grimer, who acts as the Executive Creative Director of Aesop. "Winning the contract to create and narrate Andy's story and deliver his iconic identity is a grand slam," Grimer added.
Andy Murray is the first British athlete to win the Wimbledon Open in 77 years. It was a victory that Murray won on the seventh day of the seventh month. Seven could be Murray's lucky number then. He currently ranks British No 1 at present time.
As such, Aesop has been instructed to create two trademark logos. They will appear on Murray's apparel and on the company's touch points and collateral.
Murray is currently resting, having undergone a back surgery, and he is likely to be out for the remaining of the season. However, Craig Tiley, who is the director of the Australian Open, stated on Wednesday that Murray is a starter in the forthcoming tournament in Melbourne on January 2014.
"Andy is fine," Tiley said. "I talk to his mother, Judy, quite often, Andy wants to win the Australian Open, so he will be okay," Tiley added. "We will definitely see Andy playing at the end of the year," Tiley continued.
A lot of tennis sports enthusiasts, definitely, can't wait for Andy Murray's comeback.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Floyd Sr Already Endorsing Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Fight After Anticipated Victory Over Maidana
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Dallas Cowboys Have Worst Linebackers in History, Tony Romo To Miss Games Again – Gerry Fraley
- Top 10 Highest Paid Tennis Players
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped