Andy Murray Follows Roger Federer’s Footsteps, Personalised Logo to Appear on Tennis Apparel, Ready for the Australian Open in January
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 4, 2013 4:12 PM EST
Andy Murray, who ranks third in the Worlds rankings, is following the footsteps of Roger Federer.
The 26-year-old British athlete has hired a branding agency to design his own personalised logo, much like Federer's trademark logo RF.
In 2009, Murray signed a contract deal with Adidas, which lasts for five years. He wears Adidas for his apparel and tennis shoes. Thus, it is expected that once the logo has been finalised and ratified by Murray, himself, it will soon appear on all his attire, including tennis rackets.
Murray and his new management company, 77, granted Aesop the right to create the logo that signifies him, following an eight-way pitch.
"Andy's success in the Wimbledon gave a new chapter for British tennis," said Martin Grimer, who acts as the Executive Creative Director of Aesop. "Winning the contract to create and narrate Andy's story and deliver his iconic identity is a grand slam," Grimer added.
Andy Murray is the first British athlete to win the Wimbledon Open in 77 years. It was a victory that Murray won on the seventh day of the seventh month. Seven could be Murray's lucky number then. He currently ranks British No 1 at present time.
As such, Aesop has been instructed to create two trademark logos. They will appear on Murray's apparel and on the company's touch points and collateral.
Murray is currently resting, having undergone a back surgery, and he is likely to be out for the remaining of the season. However, Craig Tiley, who is the director of the Australian Open, stated on Wednesday that Murray is a starter in the forthcoming tournament in Melbourne on January 2014.
"Andy is fine," Tiley said. "I talk to his mother, Judy, quite often, Andy wants to win the Australian Open, so he will be okay," Tiley added. "We will definitely see Andy playing at the end of the year," Tiley continued.
A lot of tennis sports enthusiasts, definitely, can't wait for Andy Murray's comeback.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions