Andy Murray Follows Roger Federer’s Footsteps, Personalised Logo to Appear on Tennis Apparel, Ready for the Australian Open in January
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 4, 2013 4:12 PM EST
Andy Murray, who ranks third in the Worlds rankings, is following the footsteps of Roger Federer.
The 26-year-old British athlete has hired a branding agency to design his own personalised logo, much like Federer's trademark logo RF.
In 2009, Murray signed a contract deal with Adidas, which lasts for five years. He wears Adidas for his apparel and tennis shoes. Thus, it is expected that once the logo has been finalised and ratified by Murray, himself, it will soon appear on all his attire, including tennis rackets.
Murray and his new management company, 77, granted Aesop the right to create the logo that signifies him, following an eight-way pitch.
"Andy's success in the Wimbledon gave a new chapter for British tennis," said Martin Grimer, who acts as the Executive Creative Director of Aesop. "Winning the contract to create and narrate Andy's story and deliver his iconic identity is a grand slam," Grimer added.
Andy Murray is the first British athlete to win the Wimbledon Open in 77 years. It was a victory that Murray won on the seventh day of the seventh month. Seven could be Murray's lucky number then. He currently ranks British No 1 at present time.
As such, Aesop has been instructed to create two trademark logos. They will appear on Murray's apparel and on the company's touch points and collateral.
Murray is currently resting, having undergone a back surgery, and he is likely to be out for the remaining of the season. However, Craig Tiley, who is the director of the Australian Open, stated on Wednesday that Murray is a starter in the forthcoming tournament in Melbourne on January 2014.
"Andy is fine," Tiley said. "I talk to his mother, Judy, quite often, Andy wants to win the Australian Open, so he will be okay," Tiley added. "We will definitely see Andy playing at the end of the year," Tiley continued.
A lot of tennis sports enthusiasts, definitely, can't wait for Andy Murray's comeback.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How