In 2012, the Stanford Cardinal suffered a painful loss against the Washington Huskies after failing to convert in the final play of the game. The Cardinal welcome the Huskies Saturday with hopes of erasing the bad memory from last year as both teams aim to remain undefeated in the 2013 regular season.
College football action
Stanford is 4-0 this year, and all of those games were blowouts. They are coming off a big 55-17 win over Washington State, but their most impressive victory could be the game against ranked team Arizona State which they beat 42-28.
Washington has the same immaculate record, and like the Cardinal, they also treated their opponents to blowouts. This includes a 38-6 beating of Boise State in their season opener.
The Huskies and Cardinal are two of the four teams without a loss in their conference so far this season.
Washington features a balanced offense that ranks 11th in rushing yards per game (288.8 yards) and 31st in passing yards per game (285.3). However, it is their defense that has carried them so far, allowing only 10.8 points per game or 4th overall in points allowed in college football.
The match-up will also feature two of the fast-improving quarterbacks this season. Stanford's Kevin Hogan and Washington's Keith Price is ranked 11th (174.6) and 12th (173.6), respectively, in the quarterbacks passer efficiency rating.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Game odds: Washington vs. Stanford (-7) (OU 52.5)
Washington Huskies Trends
- Huskies are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. Pac-12 teams
- Huskies are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games
- Huskies are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 games on the road
- Huskies are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. teams with winning records
- Huskies are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games on the road against teams with winning records
Stanford Cardinal Trends
- Cardinal are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. Washington
- Cardinal are 19-6-1 ATS in their last 26 games vs. Pac-12 teams
- Cardinal are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games vs. teams with winning records
- Cardinal are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games in October
- Cardinal are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games on the road against teams with winning records
Washington vs. Stanford Live Streaming (Links added once available)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Is Orlando Bloom’s Wife, Miranda Kerr Singing Love Songs for James Packer? [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Jelena' Romance: Selena Gomez Shares her Most Shocking Date with Justin Bieber Involving $3M- Diamond [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]