BlackBerry Z30 to be Launched in Canada on October 15th [VIDEO]
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | October 4, 2013 1:08 PM EST
The 5-inch BlackBerry will arrive on TELUS, MTS and Bell. Mobilesyrup reports that both Bell and TELUS have confirmed the launch date for Canada. They also indicate that there is every possibility that MTS will also launch the all-touch smartphone on the same date. The expected price for the BB10-powered mobile phone is around $600-$650.
It was earlier announced that Rogers Communications would not stock the Z30 for the Canadian market. Along with major carriers from Canada such as TELUS and Bell, BlackBerry Z30 will also be available from retailers like Future Shop and Best Buy. It was also told that the retailers would be responsible for declaring the final prices.
The exclusion of Rogers Communication comes as a surprise as the Toronto-based company has been associated with BlackBerry products in Canada since the earliest days of the mobile company in the country. Rogers hosted the launch of debutant BlackBerry models in February this year itself. The company head Nadir Mohamed posed with the Chief Executive of BlackBerry, Thorsten Heins for photos as well.
The latest edition of BlackBerry seems to be a lot like Samsung Galaxy 4, especially regarding its size. The Z30 will flaunt a super AMOLED display on its 5-inch screen. The features will include a Snapdragon processor (1.7 GHz dual-core), 8MP Camera, 2GB RAM, LTE, NFC and 2880 mAh battery. The smartphone will run on BlackBerry OS 10.2. Additionally, it promises to bring more reality to BBM Video and BBM Voice with a new technology called "BlackBerry Natural Sound".
Earlier in this week, BlackBerry released documents which showed that the new BlackBerry 10 devices had been suffering from a major loss in sales. The company believes that the "strategic review process" may have been responsible for the negative impact on users. The company is also rumoured to be taken over by Fairfax Financial which is the biggest stake-holder of the company. Fairfax offered $4.7 billion to BlackBerry in order to take over the company.
Video courtesy: YouTube/BlackBerry
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points