Lebron James News: Jersey Tops the NBA's Jersey Sales Worldwide
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 4, 2013 11:20 AM EST
Lebron James seems like he is really destined to make history. According to ESPN, Lebron has overtaken the jersey sales of Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, and Derrick Rose.
"It means everything to me," said Lebron James when he learned that his jersey tops the NBA jersey sales worldwide.
On Tuesday, NBA announced that Lebron's number 6 jersey ranked number one on both local and global jersey sales for the 2012-2013 season. NBA released the data prior to the forthcoming Global Games schedule of the premiere basketball league, which will commence on Oct 5. The Global Games will take place in following countries, namely, Turkey, England, Spain, Brazil, China, Taiwan, Mexico, and the Philippines.
"What means more that anything is to know that there are so many people and kids that look up to me, and that I continue to inspire that younger generations and they look at me as their role model," Lebron told the Associated Press upon hearing the news. "When you wear someone's jersey, it is like you actually believe in them," he added. "You believe that they can do amazing things, and I am really thankful for that."
Currently, Lebron and his Miami Heat team are in the Bahamas for training camp. After his team won back-to-back championships, you would think it is easy for him to become unworried or complacent, especially after having gone through his wedding on the weekend of Sept 13 to 15, not to mention, his honeymoon trip in Rome, too. However, Lebron is just unstoppable. He has been very vocal about his feelings and goal of becoming the greatest basketball player of all time, and that is probably his motivation.
The four-time Most Valuable Player posted a picture on his Instagram account looking exhausted and dog-tired from his training.
Surely, the news of Lebron's jersey sales finishing atop the rankings worldwide will be another boost for him to strive more, or rather strive for greatness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On