Lebron James News: Jersey Tops the NBA's Jersey Sales Worldwide
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 4, 2013 11:20 AM EST
Lebron James seems like he is really destined to make history. According to ESPN, Lebron has overtaken the jersey sales of Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, and Derrick Rose.
"It means everything to me," said Lebron James when he learned that his jersey tops the NBA jersey sales worldwide.
On Tuesday, NBA announced that Lebron's number 6 jersey ranked number one on both local and global jersey sales for the 2012-2013 season. NBA released the data prior to the forthcoming Global Games schedule of the premiere basketball league, which will commence on Oct 5. The Global Games will take place in following countries, namely, Turkey, England, Spain, Brazil, China, Taiwan, Mexico, and the Philippines.
"What means more that anything is to know that there are so many people and kids that look up to me, and that I continue to inspire that younger generations and they look at me as their role model," Lebron told the Associated Press upon hearing the news. "When you wear someone's jersey, it is like you actually believe in them," he added. "You believe that they can do amazing things, and I am really thankful for that."
Currently, Lebron and his Miami Heat team are in the Bahamas for training camp. After his team won back-to-back championships, you would think it is easy for him to become unworried or complacent, especially after having gone through his wedding on the weekend of Sept 13 to 15, not to mention, his honeymoon trip in Rome, too. However, Lebron is just unstoppable. He has been very vocal about his feelings and goal of becoming the greatest basketball player of all time, and that is probably his motivation.
The four-time Most Valuable Player posted a picture on his Instagram account looking exhausted and dog-tired from his training.
Surely, the news of Lebron's jersey sales finishing atop the rankings worldwide will be another boost for him to strive more, or rather strive for greatness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS