Lebron James News: Jersey Tops the NBA's Jersey Sales Worldwide
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 4, 2013 11:20 AM EST
Lebron James seems like he is really destined to make history. According to ESPN, Lebron has overtaken the jersey sales of Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, and Derrick Rose.
"It means everything to me," said Lebron James when he learned that his jersey tops the NBA jersey sales worldwide.
On Tuesday, NBA announced that Lebron's number 6 jersey ranked number one on both local and global jersey sales for the 2012-2013 season. NBA released the data prior to the forthcoming Global Games schedule of the premiere basketball league, which will commence on Oct 5. The Global Games will take place in following countries, namely, Turkey, England, Spain, Brazil, China, Taiwan, Mexico, and the Philippines.
"What means more that anything is to know that there are so many people and kids that look up to me, and that I continue to inspire that younger generations and they look at me as their role model," Lebron told the Associated Press upon hearing the news. "When you wear someone's jersey, it is like you actually believe in them," he added. "You believe that they can do amazing things, and I am really thankful for that."
Currently, Lebron and his Miami Heat team are in the Bahamas for training camp. After his team won back-to-back championships, you would think it is easy for him to become unworried or complacent, especially after having gone through his wedding on the weekend of Sept 13 to 15, not to mention, his honeymoon trip in Rome, too. However, Lebron is just unstoppable. He has been very vocal about his feelings and goal of becoming the greatest basketball player of all time, and that is probably his motivation.
The four-time Most Valuable Player posted a picture on his Instagram account looking exhausted and dog-tired from his training.
Surely, the news of Lebron's jersey sales finishing atop the rankings worldwide will be another boost for him to strive more, or rather strive for greatness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics