Lebron James News: Jersey Tops the NBA's Jersey Sales Worldwide
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 4, 2013 11:20 AM EST
Lebron James seems like he is really destined to make history. According to ESPN, Lebron has overtaken the jersey sales of Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, and Derrick Rose.
"It means everything to me," said Lebron James when he learned that his jersey tops the NBA jersey sales worldwide.
On Tuesday, NBA announced that Lebron's number 6 jersey ranked number one on both local and global jersey sales for the 2012-2013 season. NBA released the data prior to the forthcoming Global Games schedule of the premiere basketball league, which will commence on Oct 5. The Global Games will take place in following countries, namely, Turkey, England, Spain, Brazil, China, Taiwan, Mexico, and the Philippines.
"What means more that anything is to know that there are so many people and kids that look up to me, and that I continue to inspire that younger generations and they look at me as their role model," Lebron told the Associated Press upon hearing the news. "When you wear someone's jersey, it is like you actually believe in them," he added. "You believe that they can do amazing things, and I am really thankful for that."
Currently, Lebron and his Miami Heat team are in the Bahamas for training camp. After his team won back-to-back championships, you would think it is easy for him to become unworried or complacent, especially after having gone through his wedding on the weekend of Sept 13 to 15, not to mention, his honeymoon trip in Rome, too. However, Lebron is just unstoppable. He has been very vocal about his feelings and goal of becoming the greatest basketball player of all time, and that is probably his motivation.
The four-time Most Valuable Player posted a picture on his Instagram account looking exhausted and dog-tired from his training.
Surely, the news of Lebron's jersey sales finishing atop the rankings worldwide will be another boost for him to strive more, or rather strive for greatness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4