Lebron James News: Jersey Tops the NBA's Jersey Sales Worldwide
By Rachelle Corpuz | October 4, 2013 11:20 AM EST
Lebron James seems like he is really destined to make history. According to ESPN, Lebron has overtaken the jersey sales of Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, and Derrick Rose.
"It means everything to me," said Lebron James when he learned that his jersey tops the NBA jersey sales worldwide.
On Tuesday, NBA announced that Lebron's number 6 jersey ranked number one on both local and global jersey sales for the 2012-2013 season. NBA released the data prior to the forthcoming Global Games schedule of the premiere basketball league, which will commence on Oct 5. The Global Games will take place in following countries, namely, Turkey, England, Spain, Brazil, China, Taiwan, Mexico, and the Philippines.
"What means more that anything is to know that there are so many people and kids that look up to me, and that I continue to inspire that younger generations and they look at me as their role model," Lebron told the Associated Press upon hearing the news. "When you wear someone's jersey, it is like you actually believe in them," he added. "You believe that they can do amazing things, and I am really thankful for that."
Currently, Lebron and his Miami Heat team are in the Bahamas for training camp. After his team won back-to-back championships, you would think it is easy for him to become unworried or complacent, especially after having gone through his wedding on the weekend of Sept 13 to 15, not to mention, his honeymoon trip in Rome, too. However, Lebron is just unstoppable. He has been very vocal about his feelings and goal of becoming the greatest basketball player of all time, and that is probably his motivation.
The four-time Most Valuable Player posted a picture on his Instagram account looking exhausted and dog-tired from his training.
Surely, the news of Lebron's jersey sales finishing atop the rankings worldwide will be another boost for him to strive more, or rather strive for greatness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More