By Rudi Filapek-Vandyck, Editor FNArena
I joined Twitter. Not because I am curious what this celebrity has to say about her kids, or to read that another one is waiting for a connecting flight, impatiently. Twitter allows me to follow news and commentary sources such as Dow Jones' Marketwatch, Bloomberg News and the Wall Street Journal. It assists me in keeping up with what is happening across the globe, while I am observing and analysing financial markets myself.
While I am on Twitter, reading a quote here and a news flash there, I offer my own succinct insights and commentary. Those amongst you who have already discovered the virtues of a Twitter account can add my Tweets to their daily news via @filapek.
For those who have no intention to join Twitter, but would like to stay up to date, below are my Tweets from the week past:
- JP Morgan says US shutdown shifting risk towards less favorable scenarios for both commodity producers, consumers #commodities #investing
- Citi maintains ~98% of global #gold industry (based on production on Citi's cost curve) is currently cash-burning on an 'all-in' cost basis
- Face it! #Gold in bear market, states Citi. Valuations gold miners poised for yet another de-rating. Draws parallel with after-1970s boom
- Uh-Oh... Macquarie: Medusa downgraded production in six out of the last seven quarters. Now concerned about tight cash position #Gold
- Citi sticks to view #China econ data to weaken in months ahead and latest PMI surveys are seen as vindicating this view #commodities
- Note NAB does not expect any rate hikes from RBA until 2015 #Australia #investing
- NAB delays next expected RBA rate cut to Feb next year (note: has not given up on further cuts unlike many others) #Australia #investing
- Morgan Stanley's Key Overweight ratings in Australia's oil and gas sector are OSH, ROC, KAR , SXY and HZN #energy #investing
- Citi on #healthcare stocks in Oz: sector has seen significant share price appreciation across most stocks YTD, find most stocks expensive
- NAB: would expect selling of the AUD on the way up from importers and real money to cap the upside today. Range trading continues...
- Says CIBC: Were projecting pick-up in US growth in Q4, but that may now be blunted if the government shutdowns lasts more than a week or two
- Morgan Stanley says top #Media picks FOX, REA, SEK and CRZ should all achieve superior 3-year EPS growth independent of the ad cycle
- Lest we forget: Australian #banks remain in a relatively benign environment and share price valuations are stretched, UBS analysts reiterate
- Macquarie analysis of US econ cycles suggests Capital Goods and Diversified Financials are best buy #equities, Utilities and Health not so
- Citi analysts maintain: most #gold producers world around are not profitable at current levels; more austerity expected for next 18 months
- Citi strategists retain target for the ASX200 at 5400 by end year and 5600 by mid next year #investing #equities
You can add my regular Tweets on Twitter via @filapek
Find out why FNArena subscribers like the service so much: "Your Feedback (Thank You)" - Warning this story contains unashamedly positive feedback on the service provided.
FN Arena is building the future of financial news reporting at www.fnarena.com . Our daily news reports can be trialed at no cost and with no obligations. Simply sign up and get a feel for what we are trying to achieve.
Subscribers and trialists should read our terms and conditions, available on the website.
All material published by FN Arena is the copyright of the publisher, unless otherwise stated. Reproduction in whole or in part is not permitted without written permission of the publisher.