Miss Latvia Alisa Miskovska is Miss Tourism Queen International 2013
By Riza Ornos | October 4, 2013 9:48 AM EST
Crowned as the new Miss Tourism Queen International, Miss Latvia, Alisa Miskovska, was declared the winner in the pageant's coronation night held at Xianning, China, on Oct 3, 2013. Ms Miskovska bested 43 other contestants from different countries and was crowned by 2011 Miss Tourism Queen International, Kantapat Peeradachainarin of Thailand.
The four other runner-ups include Miss South Africa, Roxzelle Rheeder, for first runner-up; Miss China, Tan Shiyu, as the second runner-up; Miss Korea, Na Ran Hi, for third runner-up; and Miss Portugal, Anna Bomfim, as the fourth runner-up. Philippines bet, Cindy Miranda, only made it to the Top 10 and failed to bring home the crown after Megan Young's victory in the Miss World pageant.
Born in Aug 26, 1987, Miss Tourism Queen International Alisa Miskovska was from Daugavpils, the second lagest city in Latvia. The 26-year-old beauty queen was ranked third in Latvia for ice skating championship when she was 15 and became the youngest coach in figure skating.
A self-made woman, Ms Miskovska graduated with honours from the University of Daugavpils, and for the past five years, the young coach dedicated her time in training new aspirants in figure skating. Her dedication, discipline and perseverance were mainly shaped because of her love in sports and that's the reason why she never gave up after failing twice to get the Miss Latvia Crown.
It was on her third try in 2011 that Miskovska was crowned Miss Latvia and represented her country in the Miss World 2011 pageant in London, UK. Her motto, "Through tears, hardship and pain - only to the first place!," is her guiding force to overcome all trials that she is going to face.
Founded by Charlie See, Miss Tourism Queen International started in 2004 and had seven editions. The pageant's location has always been in China untill it was cancelled in 2012. Last year's cancellation could have been a promising year for the pageant for it reached more than a 100 candidates but organizers decided to hold it.
Many are disappointed for this year's pageant because the event was not covered extensively, and even the Facebook page information seemed incorrect. Despite this, they are hoping for a better and well-organized Miss Toursim Queen International next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone