'The Blacklist': What is the Relationship between Red and Liz?
By Anshu Shrivastava | October 2, 2013 5:45 PM EST
NBC's new drama series, "The Blacklist," premiered on September 23, 2013. The show has managed to keep a majority of premiere-episode audience interested, with an estimated total of 12.08 million viewers tuned-in to watch the second episode.
The principal character of "The Blacklist" is Raymond 'Red' Reddington, who is played by James Spader. Reddington is on the most wanted list of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). In a surprise move, Reddington turns himself, telling the FBI that he has some important information and would like to share. However, it is an offer with one condition attached. Reddington would only talk to a young female FBI profiler, Elizabeth Keen, played by Megan Boone. There are speculations that he might be the father of Elizabeth.
"Red isn't a psychopath and the relationship (Red and Elizabeth's relationship) is based on something real and intimate," James Sprader, 53, said in an interview with The Independent.
The actor, however, does not think that his character Red is the father of Elizabeth. "It would be too easy," Sprader said as quoted by New York Daily Times.
"You have new cases and you also have this larger thread of the relationship between Reddington and Elizabeth Keen. They weave together and that makes it more interesting, I think, than just a police procedural."
In the second episode of "The Blacklist," Freelancer," Liz and Red track an "assassin who disguises his kills in large-scale catastrophes," according to the synopsis of NBC.
Jon Bokencamp, creator of "The Blacklist," called the series, as quoted by Indiewire, a "strange hybrid" in terms of character drama and case-of-the-week.
"Each week we're going to dip into a different world of crime. There's an opportunity to have fun with the various people who are involved in crime in ways we have not seen before. The reason you come back to the show are the people and the secrets that they have, what's happening at home."
"The Blacklist," created by Jon Bokenkamp, premiered in Australian on free-to-air TV on Monday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage