'The Blacklist': What is the Relationship between Red and Liz?
By Anshu Shrivastava | October 2, 2013 5:45 PM EST
NBC's new drama series, "The Blacklist," premiered on September 23, 2013. The show has managed to keep a majority of premiere-episode audience interested, with an estimated total of 12.08 million viewers tuned-in to watch the second episode.
The principal character of "The Blacklist" is Raymond 'Red' Reddington, who is played by James Spader. Reddington is on the most wanted list of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). In a surprise move, Reddington turns himself, telling the FBI that he has some important information and would like to share. However, it is an offer with one condition attached. Reddington would only talk to a young female FBI profiler, Elizabeth Keen, played by Megan Boone. There are speculations that he might be the father of Elizabeth.
"Red isn't a psychopath and the relationship (Red and Elizabeth's relationship) is based on something real and intimate," James Sprader, 53, said in an interview with The Independent.
The actor, however, does not think that his character Red is the father of Elizabeth. "It would be too easy," Sprader said as quoted by New York Daily Times.
"You have new cases and you also have this larger thread of the relationship between Reddington and Elizabeth Keen. They weave together and that makes it more interesting, I think, than just a police procedural."
In the second episode of "The Blacklist," Freelancer," Liz and Red track an "assassin who disguises his kills in large-scale catastrophes," according to the synopsis of NBC.
Jon Bokencamp, creator of "The Blacklist," called the series, as quoted by Indiewire, a "strange hybrid" in terms of character drama and case-of-the-week.
"Each week we're going to dip into a different world of crime. There's an opportunity to have fun with the various people who are involved in crime in ways we have not seen before. The reason you come back to the show are the people and the secrets that they have, what's happening at home."
"The Blacklist," created by Jon Bokenkamp, premiered in Australian on free-to-air TV on Monday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L