Jose Mourinho takes his men to Romania as Chelsea take on Steaua Bucharest in a UEFA Champions League Group E fixture on Tuesday evening. The game between the two clubs will be held at the National Arena.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 7:45pm BST. Live coverage will be available on Sky Sports 4 and Sky Sports HD.
Bucharest come into this game after their 3-0 win over ACS Poli Timisoara in the domestic competition. Federico Piovaccari, attacking midfielder Nicolae Stanciu and Adrian Popa were on the scorsheet during the Romanian champions' latest victory in the league.
Laurentiu Reghecampf's men saw them lose their opening fixture in the Champions League to Schalke. The Romanian outfit lost 3-0 away from home to the Bundesliga side and will be looking for their first win against Chelsea on Tuesday evening.
The last time these two sides met at the same venue for the Europa League match in March earlier this year saw Bucharest register a 1-0 win over the Blues.
Meanwhile, Chelsea enter this fixture after their 1-1 draw against Andre Villas-Boas' Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League. The tie at White Hart Lane saw the Blues reduced to 10 men after Fernando Torres was given his marching orders from referee Mike Dean.
Chelsea, like Bucharest, also lost their first match of the Champions League 2-1 to Basel. Oscar opened the scoring for Mourinho's side, however, two second half goals from Mohamed Salah and Marco Streller saw the Swiss club register a surprise win on English soil.
A defeat against Bucharest on Tuesday evening could further dampen Chelsea's chances of progressing to the knock-out phase of the Europe's elite club competition.
What Managers Say
Laurentiu Reghecampf: "It will be a big game for us, a match will treat you better than I did in Germany against Schalke. We hope to have more chances. Meet one of the favorite teams to win the UEFA Champions League this year, a strong team, a team that I met in the Champions League, but this time it is something else, have another coach in my opinion the most best in the world, another competition."
Jose Mourinho: "It is easy to see that Steaua are well organised and that means the coach is good, and because last year my players lost here it is good for me. Because they lost and they know why and they know that it is not easy here, they know that tomorrow will be difficult again."
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W W L W
- Last Result: Steaua Bucuresti 3-0 ACS Poli Timisoara
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): D W W L L
- Last Result: Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Chelsea
- Injured: Stefan Nikolic (knee), Alexandru Chipciu
- Doubtful: Mihail Pintili (fitness), Cristian Tanase (fitness)
- Suspended: N/A
Probable Lineup: Tatarusanu; Georgievski, Szukala, Gardos, Latovlevici; Pintilii, Bourceanu; Popa, Stanciu, Tanase; Kapetanos
- Injured: Eden Hazard (ankle)
- Doubtful: N/A
- Suspended: N/A
Probable Lineup: Cech; Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole; Lampard, Mikel; Ramires, Oscar, Mata; Torres
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Kristen Stewart Strips Down On Set [PHOTOS/VIDEOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]
- Meet the Aussie “Belieber” Who Survived Car Accident When Kept Conscious by A Friend Talking About Justin Bieber [PHOTOS/VIDEO]