Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 Gets New Android
4.3 XXUBMI7 Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 users are in for a special treat, as the first ever Jelly Bean official firmware, Android 4.3 XXUBMI7, is now available for manual download and installation on the phone via this tutorial. The new Galaxy phone is yet to be released worldwide, while the device has already landed in the UK on 25 September.
The new N9005XXUBMI7 official firmware brings a few bug-fixes and minor feature enhancements over the stock firmware. As this is a completely unbranded firmware, it can be installed on any unlocked Galaxy Note 3 regardless of the country or region.
Android 4.3 XXUBMI7 Firmware Details:
Date: 2013 September
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held liable for any device damage during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The N9005XXUBMI7 official firmware and instructions provided are limited to Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 model. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up data and settings using recommended custom recovery tool such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as data wiping process is mandatory in this tutorial.
- Download and installcorrect USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 LTE on computer.
- Ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on phone by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development or Settings > Developer Options.
- Double-check the device has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing ROM.
- If the device is stuck at booting or experiences boot loop issues,Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
- Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before using device.
- If a Status 7 error message flashes while installing firmware, it could be due to an incompatible device or absence of a necessary kernel (for instance, a Jelly Bean Kernel must be installed before installing any Jelly Bean ROM).
- As ODIN is exclusively built for Windows OS, Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac OS users should use CrossOver Utility to run ODIN on their computer.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 to Android 4.3 XXUBMI7 Official Firmware via Odin
Step 1: Download Android 4.3 N9005XXUBMI7 Jelly Bean OTA for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 and Odin v3.07 on your computer.
Step 2: Extract the firmware zip file to the desktop to obtain a .tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe as well as few other files.
Step 4: Power off the phone and wait for vibration (about 5-6 seconds) to confirm complete device shutdown. Boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a Samsung logo or the red and yellow text appears on screen. Then hit Volume Up to progress into Download Mode.
Step 5: Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe that you extracted in Step 3 as an Administrator, as Admin privileges are required to complete the installation process smoothly.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy Note 3 to computer via USB cable, while the device is still in Download mode. When the device connects successfully, a message saying "Added!" appears in ODIN and the ID: COM box will turn yellow or blue with the corresponding COM port number. If the message fails to appear, try reinstalling the tablet's USB drivers or changing the port on computer.
Step 6: Choose the following files from the extracted N9005XXUBMI7 firmware folder obtained in Step 1 by using respective checkboxes:
- Select the PDA checkbox, and click the '.tar.md5'file
Step 7: In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options by selecting the checkboxes. But the Re-Partition checkbox must not be selected or checked.
Step 8: To prevent ROM related errors, verify Step 6 and Step 7 are done correctly. Then hit START button to begin flashing firmware.
Step 9: Once the firmware installation is complete, the phone will reboot automatically and soon a PASS message with a green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. Wait until the home screen loads up. Now it is safe to unplug the USB cable to disconnect the device from computer.
The Galaxy Note 3 N9005 is now running on the latest Android 4.3 XXUBMI7official firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: