Watch Online Monday Night Football Week 4 – Miami Dolphins vs. New Orleans Saints Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | September 30, 2013 11:22 PM EST
It’s a match-up of two unbeaten teams when the Miami Dolphins visit the Superdome of the New Orleans Saints on primetime Monday. Both squads are looking for their fourth win in as many games and both hope they continue their excellent starts after a forgettable performance last season.
It’s a marquee match-up between a pair of squads which has great balance on both ends of the field. On offense, they are led by reliable quarterbacks who have shown valuable consistency to lead their teams to three consecutive wins.
Miami’s Ryan Tannehill numbers are not too flashy— a total of 827 passing yards (71-of-107 completions or 66.4 per cent) with 4 touchdowns and 2 interceptions—but as been effective in wins at Cleveland (23-10) and Indianapolis (24-20) and a home win vs. Atlanta.
Similarly, New Orleans’ Drew Brees has been consistent as well with 1,021 passing yards (81-of-127 completions or 63.0 per cent) with 6 TD with 4 INT. Good enough numbers for victories over Atlanta (23-17) and Arizona (31-7) at home and Tampa Bay (16-14) on the road.
Another aspect these teams have been consistent have been on defense. The Dolphins hold down opponents to 17.7 points per game (10th in the NFL) while the Saints give up only 12.7 PPG (4th in the NFL).
The question for the Dolphins is how they’ll react to the bright lights of Monday Night Football—in the last five games they’ve played on primetime Monday, they only have covered the spread once. They are 40-38 all-time on MNF.
Meanwhile, the Saints have been very successful of late during Monday nights. Head coach Sean Payton is 9-2 in his last 11 MNF appearances and Brees is 10-2 in his last 12 MNF games.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Odds: Miami Dolphins (+7) vs. New Orleans Saints (O/U 48.5)
Miami Dolphins Trends
- Dolphins are 5-1 AS in their last 6 games
- Dolphins are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games on MNF
- Dolphins are 21-10-1 ATS in their last 32 games on the road
- Dolphins are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in September
- Dolphins are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games against teams with winning records
New Orleans Saints Trends
- Saints are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games on MNF
- Saints are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games vs. teams with winning records
- Saints are 18-5 ATS in their last 23 games at home
- Saints are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 4
- Saints are 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games after an ATS win
Dolphins vs. Saints Live Streaming
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4