Android 4.2 and 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware upgrades are not confirmed to arrive on the Samsung Galaxy S2 and owners may need to purchase Galaxy S4 to get the latest Android version. But an update is available for manual installation with Android 4.3, bloatware-free and stable system.
SlimBean ROM Update with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
SlimBean ROM features Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS with special add-ons such as SlimPie launcher, optional full dark theme and customisation options for the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running on the SlimBean ROM features Google Now, Project Butter, Lock screen Widgets, Actionable Notifications, Daydream, Extended Quick Settings, Bluetooth Smart, OpenGL ES 3.0, improved dial pad, better text input and virtual surround sound.
SlimBean add-ons for your Galaxy S3:
- Real Dark theme
- Notification drawer and lock screen shortcuts
- Customisable Quick Settings tiles
- SlimPie launcher
- Built-in SlimBean ROM OTA Updater
Warning: SlimBean ROM is customised ROM which may damage your smartphone. We are not responsible for any errors or damages that may occur on your device. Read, understand and follow the instructions carefully to prevent damaging your handset. Do this at your own risk.
1. Flash the firmware only to the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 only.
2. Root the smartphone and Install a ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
3. Install the necessary USB drivers for your Galaxy S2 smartphone on your computer.
4. Create a backup of all personal information, settings and data files on your smartphone.
5. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
6. Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging mode" or "Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging."
7. Download the SlimBean Android 4.3 ROM for the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and the Slim All-in-One Google Apps or Minimal Google Apps package. Click here for other Galaxy S2 firmware variants designed on your model.
1. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 smartphone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy the SlimBean ROM and the Google Apps package of your choice to the SD card of the smartphone. Do not extract any of them.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from the computer then turn it off.
4. Reboot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the Recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restores > backup." The ROM is saved inside the internal storage which you can restore anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Go back to the main menu then install the SlimBean Android 4.3 ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD > Slim Bean Android 4.3 ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps All-in-One or minimal Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back then select "reboot system now."
9. Your Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone will reboot and may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
Congratulations! The Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 is now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, thanks to SlimBean custom ROM.
In case you have any issues or problems, send your feedback to Bugs Section of Slim Bean Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail: