Prince George Christening Date Set; Commemorative Coins To Be Released
By Anne Lu | September 30, 2013 2:07 AM EST
Prince William and Kate Middleton have set a christening date for their son Prince George. And to mark the momentous event is a set of commemorative coins from the UK Royal Mint, the first time new coins are produced to mark a royal christening.
George, the third in line to the throne will be christened on October 23, three months after his birth on July 22. The Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby will perform the christening, which is set to be held at the Chapel Royal in St James’ Palace London.
Although the christening will be private, photographs will be taken after the service to be released to the public.
According to the Associated Press, the Prince of Cambridge will be wearing a replica of a christening gown made for Queen Victoria’s eldest daughter in 1841.
The UK Royal Mint is celebrating the event with the production of commemorative coins that have been approved by George’s parents, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The coins weigh five pounds each, and will be made of solid gold, silver, platinum, and a more affordable option.
Prices of each one range from 13 pounds to over 8000 pounds. The designs have yet to be released.
Also yet to be released are the names of George’s godparents, which will be announced at a later date. However, as per rumours, his uncle and aunt, Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton, are among them.
The news of the future king’s christening came on the same day that the new Conjugal Coat of Arms of his parents has been announced.
The Conjugal Coat of Arms, which was approved by The Queen earlier in 2013, has been designed by the College of Arms in London, and shows the separate shields of a Royal husband and wife side by side.
— Clarence House (@ClarenceHouse) September 27, 2013
Prince William On Love Of Africa [READ]
Prince Andrew Held At Gunpoint At Buckingham Palace [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy