The Kansas City Chiefs are enjoying their best start in a decade and are surprising undefeated thus far after three games. On Sunday afternoon, they’ll be tested at home by a team that is struggling for form and desperate for a win.
The Chiefs opened the season away from home with a 28-2 drubbing of the Jacksonville Jaguars. They followed it up with two more victories-- 17-16 at home over the Dallas Cowboys and then 26-16 on the road against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Aside from new head coach Andy Reid, a fresh face for Kansas City in the new season is quarterback Alex Smith who was acquired by the Chiefs just this off-season.
With Reid’s direction and Smith’s consistent play under center, the Chiefs are one of the seven undefeated teams in the season.
Kansas City is ranked #2 in points allowed through three weeks giving up only 11.3 points per game. Smith, meanwhile, has a 61.3 per cent completion rate (64-of-105) with 4 touchdowns and no interception.
After a 0-3 start by the New York Giants, it looks like the wheels are coming off for a franchise which has been considered a playoff or Super Bowl contender the past seven years.
The Giants opened the season with a close loss to the Dallas Cowboys, 31-36. The next two, however, they were completely out of it—a 41-23 embarrassment courtesy of the Denver Broncos and then a forgettable 38-to-nothing loss to the Carolina Panthers.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
New York Giants Trends
- Giants are 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 games in Week 4
- Giants are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- Giants are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games
- Giants are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
Kansas City Chiefs Trends
- Chiefs are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games in Week 4
- Chiefs are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games at home
- Chiefs are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Chiefs are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games vs. teams with losing records
Giants vs. Chiefs Live Streaming
To contact the editor, e-mail: