September 29, 2013 1:20 AM EST
Miss World 2013 Notable Beauties In Alphabetically Order: Who Might Win And Why? [PHOTOS/VIDEOS]
With the Miss World 2013 beauty pageant winner crowned on the island of Bali in Indonesia on Saturday night. It is the right time to share our views on who won and why she took the crown home?
US-born Megan Young, a 23-year-old studying digital film, accepted the crown from last year's winner, Wenxia Yu of China, and promised to "be the best Miss World ever".The embassies of the United States, Britain and Australia issued travel warnings for Indonesia, saying extremist groups could be planning violence to disrupt the pageant. However, Indonesian police said there were no reports of unrest surrounding the contest on Saturday
Megan Young pledged to "just be myself in everything I do, to share what I know and to educate people".
The contestants were asked 'Why they deserve to win the Miss World 2013 title' and here's what they said:
- France: Miss World is a prestigious title. It's a chance to meet people around the world and help them. Also because i'm generous.
- Ghana: I believe Miss World is a woman of substance.
- Brazil: Beauty opens doors, but 'Beauty with a Purpose' opens hearts and minds.
- Spain: I want to be the Miss World for all the right reasons. Beauty from within and kindness changes lives.
- Gibraltar: I will work hard and with passion to make peoples' lives more easier and happier.
Here is a list of the winners of other contests:
- Miss World 2013 Beauty with a Purpose - Ishani Shrestha, Nepal
- Miss World 2013 Talent - Vania Larissa, Indonesia
- Miss World 2013 Sportswoman - Jacqueline Steenbeek, Netherlands
- Miss World 2013 Multimedia - Navneet Kaur Dhillon, India
- Miss World 2013 Beach Fashion - Sancler Frantz, Brazil
- Miss World 2013 Top Model - Megan Young, Philippines
- Miss World 2013 People Champion - Maroua Kharbouch, Gibraltar
'Top 5' Peoples' Choice finalists are:
1st place France, 2nd place Philippines , 3rd place Ghana, 4th place Brazil, 5th place Spain
The Top 10 contestants to enter the Semi-Finals are:
10th place is Ghana, 9th place Jamaica, 8th place Spain, 7th place Indonesia, 6th place England, 5th place Nepal, 4th place France, 3rd place Australia, 2nd place Brazil, 1st place Philippines.
Miss Philippines Megan Young crowned Miss World 2013 after numerous protests and controversies. Let us have a peek at her achievements at the contest:
Megan Young, who is a renowned actress in the Philippines, has been cited by Yahoo Singapore, Global Beauties, The International Business Times UK and many more as the strongest contender and probably might bring the first ever Miss World crown for the nation.
- The Philippines' Megan Young won in the Miss World Top Model competition, organizers of the pageant announced a day before the coronation night .Young vanquished nine other finalists in the competition, which involved walking down the runway wearing a dress by an Indonesian designer. Olivia Jordan of the United States ranked second, with the rest of the winners coming from France, Ukraine and Brazil.
- The Filipina beauty also won awards in the Beach Fashion competition, where she ranked fifth,
- In the multimedia contest, where she finished in fourth place (Which means she's on the Miss World radar of possible winners).
Miss World 2013: notable beauties in alphabetically order:
Erin Holland is a proficient opera singer and placed 1st runner-up after Indonesia in the talent competition of Miss World 2013. The blonde beauty has a gift for charity fund-raising which earnt her extra points because of the pageant's strong focus on the theme, "Beauty with a Purpose."But still failed to take the title home.
Miss World 2013 Beach Fashion - Sancler Frantz, Brazil
Sancler Frantz emegred as one of the most cultured contestants and carried herself like a spokeswoman for her homeland. She was a favourite for the title among several pageant websites.She was ranked fifth in the Miss World Top Model competition.
Last year's Miss World winner was China's Wenxia Yu . But unfortunatley we could not see a back-to-back win for the Asian giant.
Fresh-faced Daniella Ocoro if could have won the title tonight she could have brought home the first ever Miss World title for her country. Despite her having a signature doll-like face and great grooming she didnot win the crown.
Marine Lorphelin, a native of Burgundy. She always spoken with a smile and her a dusky voice Marine was a steady favourite among followers of Miss World. She is a medical student with dreams of becoming a paediatrician. She was ranked third in the Miss World Top Model competition.
Miss World 2013 People Champion - Maroua Kharbouch, Gibraltar
"Hello everyone thank you for visiting my page". Maroua describes herself as honest, selfless; a “humble person who truly cares about the well being of others.She is working as a Client Relationship Manager Assistant
The royal and refined Navneet Dhillon seemed to be the most deserved. Navneet is a TV and Film Production student. However she has won Multimedia Award.
Miss World 2013 Talent - Vania Larissa, Indonesia
Vania Larissa, is the 2010 title holder of "Indonesia's Got Talent" and has already won an early Miss World special award - Miss Talent!
Sarah Baderna, This fashion model has Classic features and gorgeous looks perfect for the Miss world but thereis alot more required to win.
Miss World 2013 Sportswoman - Jacqueline Steenbeek, Netherlands
Jacqueline Steenbeek with a spectacular smile and bouncy blonde curls from Drunen also has been a strong contender of the crown. She’s a practicing midwife.
Miss World 2013 Beauty with a Purpose - Ishani Shrestha, Nepal
Ishani Shrestha, made it to the top 10 of the Miss World 2013 pageant.This is the first time Nepalese contestants reached to the top 10 of the world´s most prestigious beauty pageant. Ishani had won the ‘Beauty with a Purpose’ sub title while also ranked 3rd in the ‘Multimedia’ round
Anna Zaiachkivska is studying Icon Painting and she is having the voice of an angel. She was in the Top 11 of the pageant’s Beach Fashion Challenge Event and 2nd runner-up in the talent competition and one of the winners (fourth position) in the Miss World Top Model competition.
Olivia Jordan is a Health Science graduate with scintillating smile paired with a sweet voice. She is from Oklahoma and has done a half-marathon on the Iron Man trail. She is ranked second in the Miss World Top Model competition.
Venezuela (The best performer in Miss World till date) deserves to be in all lists because it consistently sends the sensuous and most stunning women to pageants all over the world. Karen Soto is already a proven winner: she is the Miss World Next Top Model 2011 titleholder.
The newly crowned Miss World (Miss Philippines Megan Young) will spend the next year travelling to represent the Miss World Organization and help raise money for its charitable causes.
You may also like to read more:
Miss World 2013 Final Where To Watch Live Online: Complete Details [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] Read HERE
Megan Young For The Win At Miss World 2013: The Facts Based Forecast [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] Read HERE
Miss World 2013: Extremists Threaten To Wreck Contest , Branded As 'Pornography,' 'Whore Contest' [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] Read HERE
Miss World 2013 Finals: Megan Young One-Minute Solo 'Singkíl', Dances Of The World [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] Read HERE