Miss World 2013: A Look Back at Megan Young from Starstruck to Most Beautiful Woman in the World (VIDEOS & PHOTOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | September 29, 2013 12:30 AM EST
The victory of Miss Philippines Megan Young in the Miss World 2013 beauty pageant in Bali, Indonesia was not a surprise for many Filipinos because the beauty showed a strong performance even at the start of the pageant.
The confidence in not unexpected since the 23-year-old beauty queen, at her age, has eight years of showbusiness experience starting when she joined in 2005 the GMA-7 reality talent search Starstruck, Batch 2, at the age of 15.
Here is the video of her audition, singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
She placed on the top 3 in the finals of the star search. Here is another clip of the show.
After two years, she moved to rival station ABS-CBN where Megan initially appeared in youth shows and then became a celebrity contestant in the Philippine version of Big Brother.
She was also in the cast of the station's remake of I Love Betty La Fea, which included in its cast actress and beauty queen Ruffa Gutierrez who was a Miss World second runner-up. Ruffa and Megan appear as sisters in the soap opera. Here is a clip of the two beauties together.
Her film credits are made up of 10 movies, the latest of which is The Reunion in 2012.
Because of her Fil-Am features, Megan is photogenic, resulting in her Rogue Magazine cover which is being cited by some as a possible a minus factor for the young actress because of a topless photo.
Megan later became a video jock in the relaunch of Channel V Philippines and had appeared in two music videos, the latest of which is Rico Blanco's AMATS.
In 2013, she crossed station again and appeared in two TV 5 dramas, Never Say Goodbye and Misibis Bay.
She was crowned Miss World Philippines 2013.
And the rest is history as Megan made back-to-back wins in the Top Model Competition
and Miss World 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers