10 Killer Features Buyers Should Watch Out for in Google Nexus 5 Release Date on October 14
By Kristin Dian Mariano | September 28, 2013 2:24 PM EST
Google Nexus 5 release date is pegged on October 14 and will pack amazing and top-of-the-line specs and features that will beat other smartphones in the market.
According to the leaked benchmarks picked up by Phone Arena, and if it proved to be true, Google Nexus 5 may be one of the top contenders in the market later this year and it may beat other smartphones, including Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5S.
Various reports cited that Google will unveil the Nexus 5 on October 14 alongside the Android 4.4 KitKat OS. Further reports claimed that Google Nexus 5 will be launched with 10-inch tablet - Nexus 10 2.
Below are the top 10 killer features that buyers should wait for in the upcoming Google Nexus 5.
5-inch 1080p screen display - It is reported that Google Nexus 5 will come with 1080x1920 pixel resolution and will use Corning Gorilla Glass 3 technology. The screen size will be the standard 5 inches.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor chip - The new Nexus smartphone is expected to pack the powerful quad core chip that will support the new features and functions of the handset.
13 megapixel back camera - Take photos using Google Nexus 5's 13MP camera with unique shooting features and paired with 2MP front-facing camera.
2 or 3 GB of RAM - According to reports, it is still unclear whether the Nexus 5 will get a 2 or 3 GB of RAM.
Storage Options - One of the complaints on the Google Nexus 5 is its small and limited storage. Reports stated that the handset will be available in various storage options - 16GB and 32GB. Other reports claimed that Nexus 5 will have an expandable storage via microSD slot.
LTE Connectivity - Another feature that is lacking in LG Nexus 4 is the much needed support for LTE connectivity. Its successor is reported to include this feature.
Android 4.4 KitKat - Google Nexus 5 will be released alongside Android 4.4 KitKat in October. Thus, it is very likely that the device will run with this OS.
Adreno 330 GPU - One of the most amazing rumoured features of Google Nexus 5 is its own graphics processor that is at par with iPhone 5S' M7 graphics chip.
2,700mAh battery - Google Nexus 5 will pack a generous 2,700 mAh battery.
Cheap price - One of the most attractive features of Google products is friendly price tag with amazing features. Google Nexus 5 is expected to follow the pricing strategy of its predecessor - LG Nexus 4.
However, search engine giant Google has yet to comment on the rumours.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report