Lorde has joined a prestigious line-up that includes Coldplay, Christina Aguilera, and Patti Smith as her rendition of Tears For Fears' "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" makes it to "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire OST. Image: Facebook/The Hunger Games
The 16-year-old Kiwi singer, who's currently making waves in the international music scene, provided a song in the highly anticipated film's soundtrack with her cover of the '80s classic hit.
The soundtrack is available now for pre-order, and will be released on November 19, while the film, which stars Jennifer Lawrence, is out on November 22.
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack complete song list:
1. "Atlas" (Coldplay)
2. "Silhouettes" (Of Monsters And Men
3. "Elastic Heart" (Sia featuring The Weeknd & Diplo)
4. "Lean" (The National)
5. "We Remain" (Christina Aguilera)
6. "Devil May Cry" (The Weekend)
7. "Who We Are" (Imagine Dragons)
8. "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" (Lorde
9. "Gale Song" (The Lumineers)
10. "Mirror" (Ellie Goulding)
11. "Capital Letter" (Patti Smith)
12. "Shooting Arrows At The Sky" (Santigold)
13. "Place For Us" (Mikky Ekko)
14. "Lights" (Phantogram)
15. "Angel On Fire" (Antony and the Johnsons)
Meanwhile, another accolade has been bestowed upon New Zealand's current music royalty. The Auckland teen has taken the number six spot of Billboard's "21 Under 21" list of 2013, only being surpassed by One Direction, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Ariana Grande, and Earl Sweatshirt respectively.
"At this time last year, Ella Yelich-O'Connor was an unknown 15-year-old in New Zealand, still two months away from releasing her debut EP for free on the Internet. Fast forward one calendar frame, and one of the songs on that EP, "Royals," is a record-setting hit on Billboard's Alternative chart and a Top 5 single on the U.S. Hot 100," explained Billboard on "Why She's Hot."
"It's creator, now known as Lorde, is one of the most fascinating new talents in pop music, with sold-out shows, a beguiling debut album titled 'Pure Heroine,' and an astoundingly level head about her heightened profile.
"The head of Lorde's record label says that she could be 'the artist of her generation,' and thousands agree. It's time to hail Lorde with a spot in this year's Top 10."
Completing the "21 Under 21" list are (from 7th to 21st place): Austin Mahone, Scotty McCreery, Cody Simpson, Emblem3, Cher Lloyd, Chief Keef, Bridgit Mendler, Miguelito, Joey Bada$$, Tori Kelly, Martin Garrix, Mindless Behavior, Matty B, Lee Hi, and Fifth Harmony.
Lorde To Headline Laneway Festival In Auckland 2014 [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]