Samsung is soon to release the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware to the Galaxy S3 smartphone. However, it is expected that the upgrade will bring system enhancements, bug fixes and some Galaxy S4 features together with the heavy TouchWiz UI. But if you want Android 4.3 without bloatware and stable system performance, there is a firmware for you.
SlimBean ROM Update with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Meet the SlimBean ROM custom ROM running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with full dark Slim theme, Slim add-ons, complete 4.3 JB features and customisable system.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features include Google Now, Project Butter, Lock screen Widgets, Actionable Notifications, Daydream, Extended Quick Settings, Bluetooth Smart, OpenGL ES 3.0, improved dial pad, better text input and virtual surround sound.
SlimBean add-ons for your Galaxy S3:
- Real Dark theme
- Notification drawer and lock screen shortcuts
- Customisable Quick Settings tiles
- SlimPie launcher
- Built-in SlimBean ROM OTA Updater
Warning: SlimBean ROM requires manual installation which may damage your Galaxy S3 smartphone. We are not liable for any damages which occur on your mobile device. Read, understand and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the handset. Do this at your own risk!
1. This firmware is designed for the Samsung Galaxy S3 models only. Do not flash this to any other device.
2. Root the smartphone and Install a ClockworkMod recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
3. Install the necessary USB drivers for your Galaxy S3 on your computer.
4. Create a backup of all personal information, settings and data files on your smartphone.
5. Make sure that the battery level is at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption.
6. Enable USB debugging mode on your device. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging mode."
7. Download the SlimBean Android 4.3 ROM for the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and the Slim All-in-One Google Apps or Minimal Google Apps package.
1. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy the SlimBean ROM and the Google Apps package of your choice to the SD card of the smartphone. Do not extract any of them.
3. Disconnect the smartphone from the computer then turn it off.
4. Reboot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time till the Samsung logo appears.
5. Inside the Recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of the current ROM. Select "backup and restores > backup." The ROM is saved inside the internal storage which you can restore anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on your device. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then select "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Go back to the main menu then install the SlimBean Android 4.3 ROM. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD > Slim Bean Android 4.3 ROM > confirm installation." Apply the same with the Google Apps.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back then select "reboot system now."
9. Your Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone will reboot and may take up to five minutes before reaching the home screen.
Congratulations! The Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with extra smooth features from SlimBean custom ROM.
In case you have any issues or problems, send your feedback to Bugs Section of Slim Bean Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail: