September 27, 2013 12:17 PM EST
Megan Young For The Win At Miss World 2013: The Facts Based Forecast [PHOTOS/VIDEOS]
As the Miss World 2013 finale is approaching so the predictions about would be Miss World have begun. We have rounded up the facts about Megan Young who has come out as the hot favourite for winning the title this year. All the facts and details are indicating that Miss World Philippines Megan young is the strongest contender of the crown.
Born on February 27, 1990 Megan Lynne Young is a TV host and an actress, who is a member of ABS-CBN's Star Magic. She is presently majoring in Digital Film Making at the De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde. She joined TV through GMA 7's Starstruck Season 2 and also part of Star Magic Circle Batch 13, and was one of 4 VJs selected in the re-launch of Channel V in 2009.
In September 14, 2012, Young was named as one of the National Peace Ambassadors for the "I Am For Peace" campaign held in Malacanan Palace. Young was crowned Miss World Philippines 2013. She is representing her country at Miss World 2013 in Indonesia.
Young has everything from beauty to brain to win the miss world crown on Saturday night. Young posted ... on Official Miss World - Philippines Facebook Page...
"Many of my friends know that I am a very clumsy person. Right before I was about to go onstage, I slipped and fell flat on my bum! Blessing is disguise as they sometimes say because I got in the top 10 for our Top Model event! I'm so happy that I was chosen because I didn't expect it at all since I'm not as tall as most girls in the competition. I guess "thinking tall" worked for me after all.
"To my countrymen, don't lose hope. We have tomorrow and we still have a chance of winning. We fight proudly but we must be humble with our words. My heart, as well as your hearts are in this battle. This fight is for all of us. I hope to give inspiration to all Filipinos just like those whom I look up to who have fought for the nation. Philippines, Fight!"
Megan Young would win the Miss World 2013! Here the facts on which the forecast is based:
1. At the moment, Megan Young Ranked Second in Miss World 2013 App Online Poll (Sept. 25 Results) 'The Miss World app'
2. Philippines lead the ranking predictions according to hglobalbeauties.com
3. Megan Young was specially selected to speak in front of the press at the Miss World Press Launch in Bali, Indonesia
4. Young is also in the top 10 of Talent round and the Beach Fashion round
5. The Philippines also landed in the Top 10 of yet another key challenge: The Top Model Event
6. On coronation night this Saturday, Megan is also selected to have a solo feature in the Dances of the World production number. She will be performing a Filipino-Muslim dance the Singkil
7. Megan's Miss World profile video is the most viewed with a more than 97,000 views
8. The media also predicted about her winning the title: "Hot favourite for Miss World 2013? Will pretty and talented Miss Philippines Megan Young take home the global title this year?" - Yahoo Singapore
9. "Miss Philippines and the host country Indonesia have emerged as the hot favourites for the crown this year." - International Business Times UK
10. "...early favourites among the contestants have emerged after this week's ceremonies. One of them is Miss Philippines Megan Young. The gorgeous brunette has websites and blogs dedicated to her awesomeness, with more and more reader polls and votes coming in for her." - Sunday World, South Africa
"Congratulations ladies... Miss Philippines, Spain, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Brazil, Denmark, USA, Australia, Kosovo, Malaysia, Mexico, Belarus and Turkey... They are the official finalist (sic) of the most important track from (sic) the Miss World Pageant, #MissWorld2013 #BeautyWithPurpose #Finalists".
The Beauty With A Purpose [BWAP] challenge format planned by Miss World founder Julia Morley who takes philanthropy sincerely. Apparently the contestants who do well in this area increase their chances of winning the coveted crown. Megan's BWAP project is about flood victims in the Philippines she chooses this project as Floods and heavy rains are common thing in Philippines.
Help Megan secure a Top 5 position then follow the 4 steps given below:
1. Download "Miss World 2013" apps from Apple or Google Play Store. There's a small fee (less than Php 50) that will go to Miss World charities.
2. Register your account and get two free votes!
3. Vote for Megan Young - Miss World Philippines 2013!
4. "like" her official Pic for the People's Choice Award. Just click this link, and like her picture. She needs more votes: Vote for Miss Philippines - Megan Young. Go to the link and like the pic: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
Although this has yet to be officially announced by the Miss World organization, on coronation night, Sept 28, till then keep reading on and stay tuned!