How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Your Amazon Kindle Fire
By Ryan Inoyori | September 26, 2013 3:09 PM EST
Amazon's Kindle Fire is a powerful 7-inch tablet with 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM and extra-long battery life for extended work and play. But if are bored and want to upgrade it to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and get tons of new features - use the HellFire custom ROM for your Kindle tablet!
HellFire Custom ROM
It is time to show the HellFire from your Kindle Tablet and get the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Hellfire custom ROM offers the following features to your Amazon Kindle tablet to make it every more powerful.
1. CPU control via governor
2. CPU overclocking and underclocking
3. Choose custom colour and themes
4. Choose responsiveness and navigation size
5. Halo custom effects
6. Dual panes
7. HellFire Battery bar
8. HellTweekers: Wi-Fi scan interval, LCD density, windows manager, Sleep Mode, navigation mode toggle
Warning: HellFire is a custom ROM and requires manual flashing on the device. Manually flashing the custom ROM may damage the Kindle Fire and we are not responsible for it. Read, follow and understand the instructions properly to avoid damaging your tablet. Do this at your own risk.
1. Root and install a TWRP custom recovery on your Amazon Kindle Fire.
2. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for the tablet.
1. Connect the Amazon Kindle Fire to your computer using its USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the HellFire Jelly 2.4 ROM and the Google Apps to the internal SD card (/sdcard) on the Kindle Fire.
3. Disconnect the Kindle Fire from the computer.
4. Now, launch the TWRP on your Kindle Fire.
5. Create a Nandroid backup of the current ROM which you may need to restore if something goes wrong on your tablet.
6. Now perform a full wipe. Select "factory Reset" to wipe all data then select "wipe cache" and "wipe Dalvik."
7. Flash the custom ROM on the device. Select "install > select the ROM > flash." Apply the same with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, select "reboot" to restart the tablet. It may take up to five minutes to reach the home screen.
Congratulations! Your Kindle Fire is now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with tons of new features from HellFire Jelly custom ROM.
If you suffered any errors with the custom ROM, launch the TWRP and select "restore" to bring back the saved ROM. For questions, bug reports and other complaints, send your feedback to HellFire Jelly XDA developers main thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef