MacBook Pro 2013 with Haswell Release Date Nears as Apple Suppliers Ready to Deliver Parts in October
By Kristin Dian Mariano | September 26, 2013 1:07 PM EST
MacBook Pro 2013 with Haswell processor release date is rumoured to happen in October as Apple suppliers are ready to deliver the parts on the said month, according to reports.
Japanese Web site Macotakara picked up a report from United Daily News, which cited that the Apple supply chain is ready to deliver the parts needed for new MacBook pro models in October. The report also stated that consumers can expect a facelift for the new MacBook Pro 2013 models. However, it is still unclear whether the company will boost the specs and features of the new laptop or the device will sport a new design.
The rumour emerged after the tech giant Apple quietly announced new iMacs. Apple officially announced new iMac PCs that features the latest Haswell processors from Intel, new GPU, wifi receivers and faster storage options.
Apple now offers a 21.5-inch entry-level iMac that comes with a 2.7 GHz quad-core Intel i5 processor and a new Iris Pro GPU. The higher end of iMac models packs the Intel i5 processors clocked at 3.4 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 700 series graphics that promises 40% faster performance over the previous generation.
Users can also upgrade the specs and features of the iMacs to 3.5 GHz quad-core Intel i7 processor variant, which also comes with NVIDA GeForce GTX 780M series graphics with 4GB of video memory.
All of the new iMacs come with 8 GB of RAM and 1 TB hard drive, which users can later upgrade up to 32 GB of RAM and 3 TB of storage space. The iMacs run with the OS X Mountain Lion.
The newly-released iMacs hinted on the possible specs of MacBook Pro 2013. Last week, alleged benchmarks of MacBook Pro 2013 surfaced. Based on the document, MacBook Pro will pack the new Intel Haswell processor, Thunderbolt 2 GPU, 4K screen resolution, OS X Mavericks and longer battery life.
It is expected that the MacBook Pro 2013 will come with the new OS X Mavericks announced last June. This new Mac OS will include multiple-monitor support, power-user features in Finder, a faster Safari, Maps and iBooks apps, and a redesigned Calendar application.
According to reports, the MacBook Pro 2013 release date will happen on October 15. The rumour came from the French Web site MacGeneration which stated that the Cupertino-based company is planning an "event" on the said date. It is speculated that MacBook Pro 2013 will be released alongside the new iPads.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change