'The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes' Production Delay to Last Until 2014?
By Diadem Pambid | September 26, 2013 12:20 PM EST
September is almost over and there is still no good news for the fans of "The Mortal Instruments." Despite Cassandra Clare's novels constantly being on the number one spot of New York Time's best-sellers, the film adaptation's future looks bleak. "The Mortal Instruments'" sequel, "City of Ashes" was said to be delayed for just a few months but rumour has it the delay may last until the year 2014.
With the reports here and there, it's difficult to catch on if the sequel for "The Mortal Instruments" will be delayed or cancelled. Earlier in September, The Hollywood Reporter stated that producers of the film are "delaying" production in the hopes of "analysing the results" and "reposition the franchise."
Author Cassandra Clare was also one to clear the "cancellation" rumours on her Tumblr account. Clare stated that the delay was a "good thing" however her latest tweet with a fan claiming how authors has "little say" in the film adaptation made fans think she had jumped ship.
Still, Sigourney Weaver joining the cast as the Inquisitor is surely good news to "Shadowhunters." With casting still on going, the film franchise will go on. Yet, until when would the delay of production be expected? September is almost at its end yet no word from Constantin Films about the shoot.
If the delay continues on, chances are production on "City of Ashes" may begin by early 2014. By that time, readers would have shifted their attention to other YA novels turned to film adaptations such as "Maze Runner", "Vampire Academy" and "Divergent."
Hopefully, producers of "The Mortal Instruments" don't take long in deciding when to begin filming for "City of Ashes." For other "Mortal Instruments" related news, check out the stories below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’