'The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes' Production Delay to Last Until 2014?
By Diadem Pambid | September 26, 2013 12:20 PM EST
September is almost over and there is still no good news for the fans of "The Mortal Instruments." Despite Cassandra Clare's novels constantly being on the number one spot of New York Time's best-sellers, the film adaptation's future looks bleak. "The Mortal Instruments'" sequel, "City of Ashes" was said to be delayed for just a few months but rumour has it the delay may last until the year 2014.
With the reports here and there, it's difficult to catch on if the sequel for "The Mortal Instruments" will be delayed or cancelled. Earlier in September, The Hollywood Reporter stated that producers of the film are "delaying" production in the hopes of "analysing the results" and "reposition the franchise."
Author Cassandra Clare was also one to clear the "cancellation" rumours on her Tumblr account. Clare stated that the delay was a "good thing" however her latest tweet with a fan claiming how authors has "little say" in the film adaptation made fans think she had jumped ship.
Still, Sigourney Weaver joining the cast as the Inquisitor is surely good news to "Shadowhunters." With casting still on going, the film franchise will go on. Yet, until when would the delay of production be expected? September is almost at its end yet no word from Constantin Films about the shoot.
If the delay continues on, chances are production on "City of Ashes" may begin by early 2014. By that time, readers would have shifted their attention to other YA novels turned to film adaptations such as "Maze Runner", "Vampire Academy" and "Divergent."
Hopefully, producers of "The Mortal Instruments" don't take long in deciding when to begin filming for "City of Ashes." For other "Mortal Instruments" related news, check out the stories below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast