Julia Gillard Writes Memoir - "In My Own Words in My Own Way" [VIDEO]
By Athena Yenko | September 26, 2013 10:09 AM EST
Ms Gillard stated through an official statement from Random House that she will tell all about her journey as prime minister - where did she go wrong and how she coped.
"I am very excited at having this opportunity to use my own words to describe my political and personal journey. I want to distil for readers what I achieved; what drove me, where I erred; my personal resilience and how I coped. I want to share my perspective on the issues of our times and how I strove to make a difference for the better every day I had the privilege of serving as Prime Minister. I will also write about changing our nation and future challenges in the years ahead," Ms Gillard remarked.
"I am very pleased to be associated with Random House and its distinguished Knopf imprint. My book could not be in better hands," she added.
Gabrielle Coyne, Chief Executive Officer of Penguin Random House, announced Wednesday that Random House acquired the global publishing rights to the memoir of Ms Gillard.
"Ms Gillard's personal and professional journey so far is a unique one. Many of us have observed the conviction and resilience that drove her commitment to the Labor cause and public policy debate in Australia and abroad for nearly two decades. It is a genuine privilege to be given the opportunity to work with her to help bring her story to readers in Australia and around the world," Ms Coyne stated.
Nikki Christer, Random House Australia Publishing Director, said she was both delighted and honoured to be publishing the memoir of Ms Gillard.
"There is much in Julia Gillard's life and parliamentary legacy to be admired and debated. In any reckoning of her achievements, both before and after becoming Prime Minister, this book, written by her and told in her own words, will be essential. I most certainly expect it to be not only one of the most anticipated books of 2014 but also one that is read and studied for a very long time," Ms Christer stated.
The book will be published under Knopf imprint of Random House Australia and is scheduled for publication in October 2014.
Watch the video of the book announcement here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists