'X-Factor USA' 2013 Week 2 Recap: Meet the Filipino-American who Impressed Judges at Audition [VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | September 25, 2013 4:49 PM EST
Despite the low ratings “The X-Factor USA” has been earning since it premiered this month, Fox’s reality show has remained steadfast and keeping promise to discover talents like it never has before. One of them of Filipino-American, Ellona Santiago.
The judges were very impressed of the sixteen year old Fil-Am with her rendition of hit song, “Wings” by Little Mix.
The teen hopeful surprised the judges, especially Kelly Rowland who initially thought she was a “shy” little girl only to change dramatically, when she heard her voice as she sang.
“First of all, I thought you’re cute that you’re [shy and then], what in the word? Who is this person? That’s what I love the most because whoever that girl was, she came out and she made business. Wow,” the new judge said of Ellona, according to Philippine local news outlet, ABS-CBN.
Simon Cowell sang the same tune as Rowland. The British mogul even hinted willingness to work with the young contestant.
Known for his brutality and harsh remarks to contestants, Cowell sounded soft and generous with praise for Ellona, “I love this girl. You are seriously good,” he said.
Upon hearing what SiCo said, it was Ellona’s turn to ask the head judge a question. She wanted to know if he remembers her, revealing that she already auditioned during the show’s first season.
It was Demi’s time to share her thoughts on Ellona assuring the teen contestant that she would have gotten her Yes-Vote in Season 1 had she been on the judges’ panel back then.
“Had I been here first season, you would have gotten through,” Demi said.
“Fortunately, this year, we’re going to have so much fun together and you’re going to say ‘Simon you’ll never gonna forget about me ever, ever, ever again.’ I think you’ve made this easy. I say yes.”
Having earned thumbs up from the judges on week 2 of the” X-Factor USA” Season 3, Ellona vowed not to waste the opportunity.
“This chance is more important than my last chance because I’m going to try to make it up there not as part of a group but as a soloist. I’m so happy,” she noted.
Meanwhile, Simon may have forgotten Ellona Santiago but the name of the soon-to-be-dad appears to be in everyone’s mind with the increasing slump of the “X-Factor USA” ratings. Simon has been receiving the flaks with the decrease in ratings and though insiders describe him as still in “good place,” questions have been raised as to the fate of Simon and the show he brought to the States from UK.
More Entertainment News:
Emmy Awards 2013: Watch Edie Falco’s Moving Tribute to James Gandolfini at Primetime Emmys [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full article here.
'Rush' Star, Chris Hemsworth Reveals How Brother, Liam is Doing after Split from Miley Cyrus [PHOTOS] Full article here.
The Power 1000: London’s 2013 Top Most Influential People From Prince George, Kate Middleton to Harry Styles and More [PHOTOS] Full article here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch