Justin Timberlake has no Intention of Playing Riddler in Batman vs Superman
By Dipty Nair | September 24, 2013 7:27 PM EST
Pop icon and actor Justin Timberlake has confirmed that he will not be playing the role of the Riddler in the Man of Steel sequel, Batman vs Superman.
Rumours were doing the rounds that Timberlake wanted to play the role of Riddler more than anything as the green-suited baddie was his favourite Batman villain but the star has denied it.
"No, no, no. Fanboys rejoice. I have no aspirations for that," Timberlake.
The two appear together in the thriller Runner Runner, which opens in London on Wednesday (25 September).
Affleck, 41, will follow in the footsteps of Christian Bale as Gotham City's masked hero. Bale played the role over an enormously successful trilogy of Batman films (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises), directed by Christopher Nolan.
Batman vs Superman, set for release in 2015, is set to be directed by Zack Snyder.
The film is to be based on Frank Miller's 1986 graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns. The Son of Krypton will be played by Henry Cavill, the star of this summer's big-budget Man of Steel. Pre-production has already begun for the movie, with Christopher Nolan on board as executive producer.
Rumours that Justin Bieber might play the role of Robin in the upcoming movie have surfaced. Bieber raised eyebrows when he posted a picture of the Batman vs Superman script on his Instagram account with his name printed on it and captioned #Robin?
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast