The Annual Primetime Emmy Awards came and went like Kim Kardashian's wedding-old news? Not so, the most awaited red carpet event of the year was supposed be a much talked about event. Hosting the show, How I Met Your Mother four time Best Supporting Comedian Emmy winner, Neil Patrick Harris, brought fun and laughter to the show.
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
However a thread of tweets bashing the Emmy Awards could be seen during and after the show. If you watched the Emmys, you would recall that there were a few things to be happy about. There weren't a lot of controversy and not a lot of people were happy with the show. One thing's for sure, congratulations to all the winners of the Emmy Awards but let's get to what the Emmy lacked this year.
1. Every red carpet event needed atrocious outfits but this year it seemed like the celebrities had enough of red carpet disasters.
Unlike most red carpet events, the Emmys this year were quite far from most awards shows. Why? Well, blame it on the lack of red carpet mayhem. The best dressed list was overflowing with stars with great gowns. Even those placed in the worst dressed list looked great in their outfits, they weren't just as good as those in the best dressed.
2. Nothing out of the blue happened unless you count Merritt Wever's acceptance speech.
Nothing happened, no nip slips, stunt woman acts on the stairs or anything that was worth tweeting or commenting about. I guess people were fed up with pulling a Miley and didn't have time to get weird, but this is what happens when you bring about classy and sophisticated celebrities.
3. Fun and jokes were made based on humor and sarcasm
No one teased anyone else, no racist jokes and nothing that would have the audience tensed. It was pure fun and laughter.
4. Comedians overran the Emmys
The show was practically overrun by comedians, which is a good thing but these were sophisticated and witty comedians-Neil Patrick Harris, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Will Ferrell, just a few names to allow you to imagine how fun the Emmy Awards were.
5. Critics can't find anything wrong about the Emmys
Everybody at the Emmys were a good sport. There was nothing wrong about the Emmys it was an event were everyone had fun and enjoyed the event-is this the reason why critics are bashing it for being the worst Emmy ever or simply because they have nothing to criticize about it?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]