A lot of things went down at the Emmy Awards this year.
Jim Parsons from the "Big Bang Theory" won the Emmy for best Actor in a comedy. Julia Louis-Dreyfus won as the female comedian. Modern Family bagged the award for outstanding comedy and outstanding drama was Breaking Bad.
Neil Patrick Harris Hosting the Emmy Awards 2013
Other than the winners (congratulations to them) what actually went down at the Emmy Awards 2013? There were a lot of funny things that took place and here is the list of funny things.
1. Neil Patrick Harris hosted the Emmy Awards
When your favorite "bro" hosts the 2013 Emmy Awards then you are sure to have a blast. The 4-time Outstanding Supporting actor in a Comedy series for "How I Met your Mother" was fun and lively. He was funny itself and when people thought that the Comedian was not going to do a dance number-he does a dance number titled "the number in the middle of the show" where he was joined by Nathan Fillion and Sarah Silverman. It doesn't top what he does at the Tony Awards but he sure knows how to put on a show for the crowd and they loved it. You can watch the video here:
2. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler ask Neil Patrick Harris to Twerk
These two comedians are the best at what they do. The hilarious women were seated in front wearing 3D glasses and eating popcorn. NPH spotted them when they started screaming at NPH asking him to 'take off his pants and Twerk'. The two joked around more before introducing the next award.
3. When Jimmy Kimmel, Jane Lynch, Jimmy Fallon, Conan O'Brien interrupt Neil Patrick Harris about hosting on stage. Then the camera goes into a tight frame of Kevin Spacey having a voice over. It was dramatically fun and the tap dancing and lighting, it was indeed humorous.
These former Emmy Award hosts surely know how to put on a show and it was fantastic! They surely know how to get an audience going and if you want to laugh and funny jokes by these great comedians here is the link:
4. Spoof by How I Met Your Mother's Cast on an Intervention for Harris for his Excessive Hosting
Now this was seriously funny. You have to watch the Emmys replay to get this clip. The cast of How I Met Your Mother staged an intervention for their friend's addiction: Excessive Hosting.
5. The Best Speech Ever
What was the best speech ever? Merritt Wever's speech, she was so shocked by winning that all she said upon winning was "Thank you so much. Thank you so much. Ahh. I gotta go, bye". Followed by Neil Patrick Harris' comment on her speech "Best. Speech. Ever"
See video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbNRDyUN6Rg
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top Ten Richest Americans [PHOTOS]
- Top 10 Highest-Paid Tennis Athletes as Ranked by Forbes: Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova, Novak Djokovic and More
- Meet the Aussie “Belieber” Who Survived Car Accident When Kept Conscious by A Friend Talking About Justin Bieber [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- "The Great Gatsby" vs. "The Rocket" at AACTA Awards 2014: What You Should Know About Top Feature Films Leading Aussie Oscars Nominations [PHOTOS/VIDEOS]