5 Proofs that iPad 5, iPad Mini 2 Release Date is on October 15
By Kristin Dian Mariano | September 23, 2013 1:33 PM EST
One of the proofs that iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 are coming is Apple CEO Tim Cook's statement at an earnings call with investors wherein he said that, "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software, and services that we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014".
This is supported by the statements of Apple's CFO, Peter Oppenheimer, saying that Apple will be very busy this fall due to a number of releases. He added that more details will be revealed by him next month.
Another proof is the prediction of analysts, especially of the credible Ming Chi Kuo. In his latest note, Kuo said that new iPads will most probably arrive in Q4 2013. Kuo said full production of the device will take place on the fourth quarter.
Also, latest reports cited French Web site MacGeneration saying that Apple will hold a "special event" on October 15. The report stated that new iPad will be unveiled on the said date along with other Apple products like iMacs and MacOS.
Another proof that new iPads are already on its way are the deals and discounts on previous iPad models offered by various sellers. For the past months, consumers are treated with a wide array of attractive deals and trade-in promos. Currently, Apple Store is still offering refurbished iPads.
Lastly, October will mark the first birthday of iPad 4 and iPad Mini. The devices were introduced in October last year. One year is enough to maximize the profits of the old iPads and a perfect time to introduce their successors.
According to Kuo's note and the recent features of iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C, the 10-inch iPad 5 will pack a 64-bit A7 processor and M7 GPU chip; fingerprint sensor; support for 4G/LTE connection; 5MP rear shooter and internal storage up to 128GB.
The smaller iPad will feature the same 7.9 inches screen display. The tablets may come with different colors - gold, black and silver.
However, the Cupertino-based company has not officially confirmed yet the iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 released date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef