Emmy 2013: Jon Hamm, Amy Poehler Throwing After Party For Award Losers
By Riza Ornos | September 23, 2013 1:13 PM EST
The secret bash is not a secret anymore as the "Mad Men" star John Hamm spilled the details about the after party that he and the "Parks and Recreation" star Amy Poehler are throwing. Emmy losers need not to worry because there is an after party dedicated entirely for you and John Hamm and Amy Poehler will be hosting that special party.
So what made these two decided to throw this kind of party? Well, the idea was coined after Kristin Wiig's "Loser Lounge" last year Post-Emmy's.
"We called it the Losers Lounge because nobody that was there won and it kind of stuck," Hamm said. "We were like, 'That was a really fun party. We should do that again, but we should do it bigger and better and invite our friends who aren't going to win either and we'll have a good time with it.'"
The party is just awesome that according to Hamm even if he wins he will pretend that he did not, or convince people not to vote for him just to be welcomed at the losers bash.
"We figured that the winners get celebrated enough so we thought it was about time that the losers get celebrated," Hamm explained. "And Poehler and I are friends from a long time ago and every year when we would lose the Emmy we would kind of wink at each other and call each other loser for the rest of the night."
But the award winners are also welcome but this comes with a catch if they want to be invited in the exclusive loser's party.
"You have to actually check your Emmy at the door and donate a $1,000 dollars to a charity," Hamm's longtime actress-director girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt said, adding, "We might end up doing a lot for humanity on Sunday night."
Both Hamm and Poehler are nominated for tonights Emmy Awards, he is up for outstanding Lead Actor in Drama Series and she is up for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. These two might get lucky tonight that they will end up partying at the Governors Ball then the loser's party, with the fine of course.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast