The Chicago Bears is looking for their second 3-0 start in the last 4 years, while the Pittsburgh Steelers is hoping to avoid their first 0-3 start since 2000. The Bears visit the Steelers on primetime Sunday night.
Chicago Bears' Brandon Marshall celebrates scoring the game winning touchdown with teammate Jay Cutler against the Cincinnati Bengals during the fourth quarter of their NFL football game in Chicago, Ill.
The Bears won two real close games to start the year. The first one was a 24-21 win against the Cincinnati Bengals and then in Week 2, a 31-30 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.
Both times, the Bears had to pull off a come-from-behind effort to notch the victory. Chicago trailed Cincinnati, 10-21 middle of the third quarter before the Bears made two touchdowns to get the hard-earned win.
Meanwhile, in the game vs. the Vikings, Chicago trailed Minnesota, 24-30 late in the fourth quarter, but the Bears stole the win with a touchdown 10 seconds left in the game.
Quarterback Jay Cutler threw both game-winning touchdowns in both occasions, and he finished with 542 passing yards, five ouchdowns and three interceptions through two games.
While Cutler and the Bears gutted out the wins, the Steelers are in a 0-2 hole to start the 2013 regular season. The Steelers' offense only produced a total of 19 points, so far—one of the league’s worst and just ahead of the Cleveland Browns (16) and Jacksonville Jaguars (11) in total points scored.
The anaemic offense -- 198.5 passing yards per game (27th) and 37.5 rushing yards per game (31st) reflects Steelers’ quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s struggles as well. The 31-year-old pro’s QB rating the past two games is at 74.8, his lowest QBR since joining the league in 2004.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Chicago Bears Trends
- Bears are 1-5-1 ATS in their last seven games
- Bears are 0-4 ATS in their last four games after a win
Pittsburgh Steelers Trends
- Steelers are 4-1 ATS in their last five games at home vs. a team with a winning road record
- Steelers are 1-4-1 ATS in their last six games at home
- Steelers are 1-5 ATS in their last six games
Live Streaming Bears vs. Steelers (Links will be posted once available)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Paul Walker On Parkour, Stalkers, Sea Life, And Sharks [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- A Tribute The Great Actor Paul Walker: Best Quotes From 'Fast And The Furious' Films [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- Paul Walker Death: Antonio Holmes Eyewitness the Porsche Burst Into Flame [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- Watch Out, Robert Pattinson! Kellan Lutz Reveals He Turned Down The Role Of ‘Twilight’ Lead Edward Cullen [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]