2013 FIBA EuroBasket Final Live Stream – France vs. Lithuania, Spain vs. Croatia: Preview, Schedule and Online Streaming
By Lou Ramon Aguila | September 23, 2013 12:48 AM EST
The 2013 FIBA EuroBasket enters the last day of hoops competition with all available spots in next year's world championships already booked. However, the battle for European basketball supremacy still continues with both France and Lithuania looking to return to the top of the continent's basketball pinnacle.
France vs. Lithuania - Gold Medal match
France returned to their straight FIBA EuroBasket Final after coming through with a gutsy performance against Spain 75-72 in Friday's semifinal showdown. Tony Parker was immense in that game, scoring 32 points on 11-for-19 shooting with six rebounds and two steals. However, it was the NBA All-Star's clutch free-throws in the overtime period that sealed the deal for the Frenchmen.
With the victory, France ended Spain's two-year reign as European championship and arranged an enticing final showdown with Lithuania, which is also fresh from a 77-62 win over Croatia on Friday.
Loaded with skillful bigmen and snipers, the Lithuanians were just too much for the Croatians, who only had Bojan Bogdanovic as their legitimate NBA-caliber player. Bogdanovic, whose rights is owned by the Brooklyn Nets, netted 15 points in a 77-62 semifinal loss. On the other hand, Lithuania is led by former NBA player Linas Kleiza (22 points and 11 rebounds) and Toronto Raptors star Jonas Valanciunas (6 points, 5 rebounds and 5 blocks). Jonas Maciulis also chalked up a team-high 23 for Lithuania, who smothered the Croatians to just 39 percent shooting from the field.
In a game loaded with talents, Spain vs. Lithuania showdown is up to give basketball fans a tasty treat in the finale of FIBA EuroBasket 2013. Lithuania's big men and outside shooting will once again create problem for the Frenchmen, whom they defeated earlier in the second round. However, Parker is once again expected to provide big numbers in this game as he looks to lead France to their first championship at EuroBasket.
FIBA EuroBasket Live Stream Schedule
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown