2013 FIBA EuroBasket Final Live Stream – France vs. Lithuania, Spain vs. Croatia: Preview, Schedule and Online Streaming
By Lou Ramon Aguila | September 23, 2013 12:48 AM EST
The 2013 FIBA EuroBasket enters the last day of hoops competition with all available spots in next year's world championships already booked. However, the battle for European basketball supremacy still continues with both France and Lithuania looking to return to the top of the continent's basketball pinnacle.
France vs. Lithuania - Gold Medal match
France returned to their straight FIBA EuroBasket Final after coming through with a gutsy performance against Spain 75-72 in Friday's semifinal showdown. Tony Parker was immense in that game, scoring 32 points on 11-for-19 shooting with six rebounds and two steals. However, it was the NBA All-Star's clutch free-throws in the overtime period that sealed the deal for the Frenchmen.
With the victory, France ended Spain's two-year reign as European championship and arranged an enticing final showdown with Lithuania, which is also fresh from a 77-62 win over Croatia on Friday.
Loaded with skillful bigmen and snipers, the Lithuanians were just too much for the Croatians, who only had Bojan Bogdanovic as their legitimate NBA-caliber player. Bogdanovic, whose rights is owned by the Brooklyn Nets, netted 15 points in a 77-62 semifinal loss. On the other hand, Lithuania is led by former NBA player Linas Kleiza (22 points and 11 rebounds) and Toronto Raptors star Jonas Valanciunas (6 points, 5 rebounds and 5 blocks). Jonas Maciulis also chalked up a team-high 23 for Lithuania, who smothered the Croatians to just 39 percent shooting from the field.
In a game loaded with talents, Spain vs. Lithuania showdown is up to give basketball fans a tasty treat in the finale of FIBA EuroBasket 2013. Lithuania's big men and outside shooting will once again create problem for the Frenchmen, whom they defeated earlier in the second round. However, Parker is once again expected to provide big numbers in this game as he looks to lead France to their first championship at EuroBasket.
FIBA EuroBasket Live Stream Schedule
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight