Former Mistress of Bill Clinton Claims He was ‘Love of her Life’ and Hilary is Bisexual
By Vishakha Sonawane | September 21, 2013 2:34 PM EST
Gennifer Flowers, former mistress of Bill Clinton, claims she would still have been with the ex-President of the U.S. if it was not for politics and his daughter Chelsea.
In an interview with the MailOnline, Flowers, claimed she had a 12-years-long affair with Clinton and that he was the "love of her life."
"We have some unresolved issues that it would be nice to sit down and talk about now. He was the love of my life and I was the love of his life and you don't get over those things," she said, adding that they would still be together had it not for Chelsea. "It was me, Bill and Hillary. Then they had Chelsea and the stakes got too high."
Flowers stirred up controversy during Clinton's 1992 Presidential election campaign alleging that he had a 12-year affair with her. Clinton refuted her claims after which she produced tape recordings of their calls in a press conference. Six years on Clinton admitted to his relationship with her. In his 2004 autobiography 'My Life,' Clinton confessed to having sexual relations with her only once in 1977.
She went on to claim that the 67-year-old Clinton called her in 2005, 13 years later, and insisted on meeting her. "He called me back in 2005 in New Orleans. He wanted to put on the hoodie and jog on over like he used to... He was so adamant about wanting to sit down and talk to me in person," she said adding that she regretted her decision to not meet him.
Flowers also spoke of Clinton's wife Hilary during the interview. She said she was not surprised when rumors of Hilary having an affair with married female adviser Huma Abedin made headlines. "I just know what Bill told me and that was that he was aware Hillary was bisexual and he didn't care. He should know."
In 1992, Flowers published a book, 'Passion and Betrayal,' in which she discussed her relationship with Clinton. The same year December, she was featured in the 'Penthouse' magazine in the nude. She reportedly earned around $1 million for it.
Flowers, who ended her 10-year marriage in 2005, said that she was still "affected" by the break-up of her affair with Clinton. "I'm still affected by it, the Clintons in some way every day and every day something happens that sparks a memory. It was a defining moment in American culture absolutely and to an extent I paid a high price for my honesty."
Clinton's reputation has been marred by several such affairs. In 1998, his infamous affair with Monica Lewinsky made headlines.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- El Niño Update: 2014 Threat Easing, ‘Unlikely to be a Strong Event’ – Australia BoM
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date