Kate Middleton and Prince William's two-month old son Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge has been named as the most influential person in London by the Evening Standard in its annual Power 1000 list.
The third in line to the throne also beat his parents, Prince William and Kate Middleton in the latest rankings, who came 11th and seventh, respectively. Other royals who made the top 20 include Prince Harry and the Queen.
“London is a magnet for the rest of the world and our newest power resident, Prince George, is a timely symbol. He is our greatest tourist attraction, along with his great-grandmother, which is why he has been chosen this year as the first among Londoners,” the newspaper's editor Sarah Sands said.
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, ranked second, while Bank of England Governor Mark Carney came in third place. Prime Minister David Cameron finished in fourth and Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osbourne made it to the fifth spot.
One Direction star Harry Styles,19, was the youngest person besides Prince George to make it into the top 20. Model Cara Delevingne, who was briefly romantically linked with Styles, was placed as the 20th most powerful Londoner, "because of her domination of the catwalks at London Fashion Week and her huge social media following", the newspaper noted.
The complete list will be unveiled at a launch party at Battersea Power Station.
The top 20 of Power 1000 – London’s Most Influential People 2013:
1. Prince George
2. Boris Johnson, Mayor of London
3. Mark Carney, Bank of England Governor
4. David Cameron, Prime Minister
5. George Osborne, Chancellor of the Exchequer
6. Theresa May, Home Secretary
7. Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge
8. Andy Murray, tennis player
9. Ed Miliband, Labour leader
10. Sir Peter Hendy, Transport Commissioner
11. Princes William and Harry
12. Nick Clegg, Deputy Prime Minister
13. Natalie Massenet, Net-a-porter founder and British Fashion Council chair
14. Bernard Hogan-Howe, Metropolitan Police Commissioner
15. Sir Nicholas Hytner, National Theatre artistic director
16. The Queen
17. Harry Styles, One Direction singer
18. Justin Welby, Archbishop of Canterbury
19. Sir Paul Nurse, Royal Society president and Nobel Prize-winning geneticist
20. Cara Delevingne, model
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]