'Vampire Diaries' Season 5: Actor Ian Somerhalder Talks About New Girlfriend Elena and Character Silas Comparable to Damon Salvatore in Season 1
By Jenalyn Villamarin | September 20, 2013 5:02 PM EST
The CW Network teased the "Vampire Diaries" fans with a shared YouTube video showing a brief interview with major cast member Ian Somerhalder where he talked about character Damon Salvatore's new girlfriend Elena Gilbert. Another interview with TV Guide had the 34-year-old actor claiming that Season 5 villain Silas is comparable to the early version of Damon in Season 1.
"Vampire Diaries" actor Ian Somerhalder. Photo Credit: YouTube
"Silas doesn't give a s**t. He's like Damon in Season 1. He thinks 'I am almighty, all-powerful, I will mess you up. This is what I want. I'm going to kill everything in the wake if you screw this up for me, but I'm going to toy with you a little bit'," Mr Somerhalder shared to TV Guide while at the Atlanta set.
Actor Ian Somerhalder as vampire Damon Salvatore in "The Vampire Diaries." Photo Credit: YouTube
In the upcoming "Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Ian's vampire character Damon Salvatore will be in a strange situation. He finally has a new girlfriend in Elena Gilbert, but their relationship will be tested as she goes to college.
"Damon sort of got the girl. He's feeling pretty good about that. It is Mystic Falls and no one can be happy for very long. I'm imagining for as much happiness as Damon's gonna get, he's going to get equal parts dark," Ian revealed in the Perez Hilton report.
When asked if his character Damon worries about Elena running back to the arms of Stefan, Ian Somerhalder responded "Yeah, absolutely." Mr Somerhalder further explained: "Elena and Stefan particularly have this bond, and we later figure out in the mythology of the story why that is. But her having this feeling is genuine. He can't deny it and he won't deny it, but all he wants is for her to be happy. Stefan would do the same thing."
Another strange situation that Damon Salvatore will have to deal with in "Vampire Diaries" Season 5 is Elena's brother, Jeremy Gilbert, living with him. Damon and Jeremy's big brother-little brother relationship has not been really pleasant since a lot of arguments happened between the two.
However, Ian Somerhalder revealed to TV Guide that Damon will have the responsibility of looking after the younger Gilbert while Elena is away and busy with college life. "He has to take Jeremy under his wing, that's his love's little brother," the actor shared.
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 is scheduled to premiere on Thursday, October 3 at 8/7c on The CW network.
More Articles to Read on "Vampire Diaries" actor Ian Somerhalder:
Ian Somerhalder: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor Reacts to Animal Cruelty of One Direction's Psycho Teenage Fan [PHOTOS] - [READ]
Ian Somerhalder Tweets About Nina Dobrev, Shows Support for Cosmopolitan Cover of 'Vampire Diaries' Co-Star and Ex-Girlfriend [PHOTOS] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4