'Gone Girl' Casting: 'Blurred Lines' Topless Model to Play Nick Dunne's Mistress Andie
By Abigail Azul | September 20, 2013 1:21 PM EST
Have you heard of Emily Ratajkowski? You've probably seen her in different Web sites. She is one of the three topless models in Robin Thicke's unrated video "Blurred Lines." And now the lucky model has been chosen to star in the movie, "Gone Girl."
Ratajkowski, 21, was recently seen in GQ's July/August issue, where she stripped for renowned celebrity photographer, Tony Kelly. Now, she's expanding her career to the silver screen with some of the biggest names in the movie industry.
The young model has been tapped to play the important role of Andie, the male protagonist's mistress. Andie is the much younger student girlfriend of Nick Dunne in the movie adaptation of the best-selling book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
Ben Affleck has earlier been cast as Nick Dunne. Other confirmed actors are Neil Patrick Harris as Desi Collings and Tyler Perry as Tanner Bolt. The movie will be directed by David Fincher, who also directed the movies "Fight Club," "Seven," and "The Social Network."
Rosamund Pike will portray the titular role. "Gone Girl" tells the story of how Nick's wife, Amy Dunne, has gone "missing."
The "Gone Girl" movie adaptation has long been awaited by fans since the crime mystery book by Gillian Flynn came out in June 2012. The novel has been buzzed about ever since. The movie challenge would be to depict the seemingly twisted story without having to forsake the plainly-hidden clues which were essential to piece in the big mystery.
There are some reservations about Ratajkowski's acting skills. As a model, she's been known for posing and stripping before cameras.
London-born but grew up in California, Ratajkowski was signed on to Ford Models when she was 14 years old. She has modelled for popular brands like Forever 21, Nordstrom and various swimwear and lingerie brands before she became very popular because of the "Blurred Lines" video.
Can Emily Ratajkowski bring out some acting talent to the plate with such a twisted plot, great cast of actors and an esteemed director? As early as now, people are already looking forward to seeing Ratajkowski in "Gone Girl."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares