'Gone Girl' Casting: 'Blurred Lines' Topless Model to Play Nick Dunne's Mistress Andie
By Abigail Azul | September 20, 2013 1:21 PM EST
Have you heard of Emily Ratajkowski? You've probably seen her in different Web sites. She is one of the three topless models in Robin Thicke's unrated video "Blurred Lines." And now the lucky model has been chosen to star in the movie, "Gone Girl."
Ratajkowski, 21, was recently seen in GQ's July/August issue, where she stripped for renowned celebrity photographer, Tony Kelly. Now, she's expanding her career to the silver screen with some of the biggest names in the movie industry.
The young model has been tapped to play the important role of Andie, the male protagonist's mistress. Andie is the much younger student girlfriend of Nick Dunne in the movie adaptation of the best-selling book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
Ben Affleck has earlier been cast as Nick Dunne. Other confirmed actors are Neil Patrick Harris as Desi Collings and Tyler Perry as Tanner Bolt. The movie will be directed by David Fincher, who also directed the movies "Fight Club," "Seven," and "The Social Network."
Rosamund Pike will portray the titular role. "Gone Girl" tells the story of how Nick's wife, Amy Dunne, has gone "missing."
The "Gone Girl" movie adaptation has long been awaited by fans since the crime mystery book by Gillian Flynn came out in June 2012. The novel has been buzzed about ever since. The movie challenge would be to depict the seemingly twisted story without having to forsake the plainly-hidden clues which were essential to piece in the big mystery.
There are some reservations about Ratajkowski's acting skills. As a model, she's been known for posing and stripping before cameras.
London-born but grew up in California, Ratajkowski was signed on to Ford Models when she was 14 years old. She has modelled for popular brands like Forever 21, Nordstrom and various swimwear and lingerie brands before she became very popular because of the "Blurred Lines" video.
Can Emily Ratajkowski bring out some acting talent to the plate with such a twisted plot, great cast of actors and an esteemed director? As early as now, people are already looking forward to seeing Ratajkowski in "Gone Girl."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia