'Gone Girl' Casting: 'Blurred Lines' Topless Model to Play Nick Dunne's Mistress Andie
By Abigail Azul | September 20, 2013 1:21 PM EST
Have you heard of Emily Ratajkowski? You've probably seen her in different Web sites. She is one of the three topless models in Robin Thicke's unrated video "Blurred Lines." And now the lucky model has been chosen to star in the movie, "Gone Girl."
Ratajkowski, 21, was recently seen in GQ's July/August issue, where she stripped for renowned celebrity photographer, Tony Kelly. Now, she's expanding her career to the silver screen with some of the biggest names in the movie industry.
The young model has been tapped to play the important role of Andie, the male protagonist's mistress. Andie is the much younger student girlfriend of Nick Dunne in the movie adaptation of the best-selling book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
Ben Affleck has earlier been cast as Nick Dunne. Other confirmed actors are Neil Patrick Harris as Desi Collings and Tyler Perry as Tanner Bolt. The movie will be directed by David Fincher, who also directed the movies "Fight Club," "Seven," and "The Social Network."
Rosamund Pike will portray the titular role. "Gone Girl" tells the story of how Nick's wife, Amy Dunne, has gone "missing."
The "Gone Girl" movie adaptation has long been awaited by fans since the crime mystery book by Gillian Flynn came out in June 2012. The novel has been buzzed about ever since. The movie challenge would be to depict the seemingly twisted story without having to forsake the plainly-hidden clues which were essential to piece in the big mystery.
There are some reservations about Ratajkowski's acting skills. As a model, she's been known for posing and stripping before cameras.
London-born but grew up in California, Ratajkowski was signed on to Ford Models when she was 14 years old. She has modelled for popular brands like Forever 21, Nordstrom and various swimwear and lingerie brands before she became very popular because of the "Blurred Lines" video.
Can Emily Ratajkowski bring out some acting talent to the plate with such a twisted plot, great cast of actors and an esteemed director? As early as now, people are already looking forward to seeing Ratajkowski in "Gone Girl."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8