'Gone Girl' Casting: 'Blurred Lines' Topless Model to Play Nick Dunne's Mistress Andie
By Abigail Azul | September 20, 2013 1:21 PM EST
Have you heard of Emily Ratajkowski? You've probably seen her in different Web sites. She is one of the three topless models in Robin Thicke's unrated video "Blurred Lines." And now the lucky model has been chosen to star in the movie, "Gone Girl."
Ratajkowski, 21, was recently seen in GQ's July/August issue, where she stripped for renowned celebrity photographer, Tony Kelly. Now, she's expanding her career to the silver screen with some of the biggest names in the movie industry.
The young model has been tapped to play the important role of Andie, the male protagonist's mistress. Andie is the much younger student girlfriend of Nick Dunne in the movie adaptation of the best-selling book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
Ben Affleck has earlier been cast as Nick Dunne. Other confirmed actors are Neil Patrick Harris as Desi Collings and Tyler Perry as Tanner Bolt. The movie will be directed by David Fincher, who also directed the movies "Fight Club," "Seven," and "The Social Network."
Rosamund Pike will portray the titular role. "Gone Girl" tells the story of how Nick's wife, Amy Dunne, has gone "missing."
The "Gone Girl" movie adaptation has long been awaited by fans since the crime mystery book by Gillian Flynn came out in June 2012. The novel has been buzzed about ever since. The movie challenge would be to depict the seemingly twisted story without having to forsake the plainly-hidden clues which were essential to piece in the big mystery.
There are some reservations about Ratajkowski's acting skills. As a model, she's been known for posing and stripping before cameras.
London-born but grew up in California, Ratajkowski was signed on to Ford Models when she was 14 years old. She has modelled for popular brands like Forever 21, Nordstrom and various swimwear and lingerie brands before she became very popular because of the "Blurred Lines" video.
Can Emily Ratajkowski bring out some acting talent to the plate with such a twisted plot, great cast of actors and an esteemed director? As early as now, people are already looking forward to seeing Ratajkowski in "Gone Girl."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown