FIBA EuroBasket Quarterfinals: Italy vs. Lithuania – Live Online Streaming, Preview, Schedule & Prediction
By Lou Ramon Aguila | September 19, 2013 3:56 PM EST
The 2013 FIBA EuroBasket quarterfinal resumes on Thursday with another tasty quarterfinal battle in Italy vs. Lithuania and Croatia vs. Ukraine at Arena Stožice in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
With France and Spain already setting the stage for a star-studded semifinal showdown, the winning teams out of these remaining quarterfinal games are expected to provide more drama in the penultimate stage of the tournament.
Lithuania vs. Italy
Lithuania opened their EuroBasket campaign flat, suffering losses against Serbia and the unheralded Bosnia and Herzogovina in the first round. However, the Lithuanians finally found their peak form in the second round as they defeated France, Belgium and Ukraine. Their exploit in the second phase of the tournament awarded them the no.2 spot in Group 3 and a showdown with the skidding Italy in the quarterfinal round.
On the other hand, the Italians kicked off the tournament in a resounding fashion as they swept their first five assignments in the first round. However, they slowly found out that the tournament was tougher than they expected in the second round with Slovenia, Croatia and Spain all coming in from the other group. Italians dropped their game against Slovenia and Croatia before pulling off a 86-81 squeaker against Spain.
Lithuania will be banking on their height advantage in this quarterfinal match-up. Toronto Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas, Houston Rockets power forward Donatas Motiejūnas and former NBA player Linas Kleiza are all expected to provide big numbers for Lithuania, which is bracing for big output from Italy's Marco Belinelli and Italian League MVP Luigi Datome.
Based on their play in the second round, the Lithuania-Italy showdown is expected to be a defensive tussle with physicality all over the floor. Unlike the result in the first two quarterfinals, Italy and Lithuania will be close down to the final minutes. At the end, I still see Lithuania advancing to the semifinal mainly because of their youngsters. Motiejunas and Valanciunas will have a big time game in this one and it will be enough to eliminate the Italians. Lithuania by six points.
Live Stream Information (Links Will Be Provided 30 Mins Before Match) Spain vs. Serbia Game Delays Last Wednesday Was Caused By Technical Error. IBT Expresses Sincere Apology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch