FIBA EuroBasket Quarterfinals: Italy vs. Lithuania – Live Online Streaming, Preview, Schedule & Prediction
By Lou Ramon Aguila | September 19, 2013 3:56 PM EST
The 2013 FIBA EuroBasket quarterfinal resumes on Thursday with another tasty quarterfinal battle in Italy vs. Lithuania and Croatia vs. Ukraine at Arena Stožice in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
With France and Spain already setting the stage for a star-studded semifinal showdown, the winning teams out of these remaining quarterfinal games are expected to provide more drama in the penultimate stage of the tournament.
Lithuania vs. Italy
Lithuania opened their EuroBasket campaign flat, suffering losses against Serbia and the unheralded Bosnia and Herzogovina in the first round. However, the Lithuanians finally found their peak form in the second round as they defeated France, Belgium and Ukraine. Their exploit in the second phase of the tournament awarded them the no.2 spot in Group 3 and a showdown with the skidding Italy in the quarterfinal round.
On the other hand, the Italians kicked off the tournament in a resounding fashion as they swept their first five assignments in the first round. However, they slowly found out that the tournament was tougher than they expected in the second round with Slovenia, Croatia and Spain all coming in from the other group. Italians dropped their game against Slovenia and Croatia before pulling off a 86-81 squeaker against Spain.
Lithuania will be banking on their height advantage in this quarterfinal match-up. Toronto Raptors center Jonas Valanciunas, Houston Rockets power forward Donatas Motiejūnas and former NBA player Linas Kleiza are all expected to provide big numbers for Lithuania, which is bracing for big output from Italy's Marco Belinelli and Italian League MVP Luigi Datome.
Based on their play in the second round, the Lithuania-Italy showdown is expected to be a defensive tussle with physicality all over the floor. Unlike the result in the first two quarterfinals, Italy and Lithuania will be close down to the final minutes. At the end, I still see Lithuania advancing to the semifinal mainly because of their youngsters. Motiejunas and Valanciunas will have a big time game in this one and it will be enough to eliminate the Italians. Lithuania by six points.
Live Stream Information (Links Will Be Provided 30 Mins Before Match) Spain vs. Serbia Game Delays Last Wednesday Was Caused By Technical Error. IBT Expresses Sincere Apology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money