'Glee' Stars Demi Lovato, Naya Rivera Record classic Beatles song 'Here Comes The Sun', Listen to it HERE [VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | September 19, 2013 3:49 PM EST
There are hardly any days left for the next season of teen musical "Glee" to return on TV and the new character Dani, played by singer Demi Lovato is already in news. Lovato has teamed up with rumoured on-screen lesbian love interest Naya Rivera and released the cover of the classic Beatles song "Here Comes The Sun."
The track was originally written by George Harrison and was included on the Beatles' 1969 album, "Abbey Road." The first two episodes of the fifth season of "Glee" are a tribute to the legendary The Beatles. The "Glee" cast will be releasing a "Beatles" album featuring all the covers performed in these episodes.
The duo did a wonderful job singing the track on guitar. Rivera shares wonderful chemistry with Lovato and have been friends for a long time before the two started working together.
Here Comes The Sun - Demi Lovato & Naya Rivera - Here Comes The Sun
"[Naya Rivera and I] had an awesome time working together," Lovato told MTV News earlier this month. "She's such a badass; I love her. And I've been friends with a lot of the people from the cast beforehand, so I feel right at home."
The Beatles-themed fifth season premiere of "Glee" airs September 27, but the cast of "Glee" will be releasing a "Beatles" album featuring all the covers performed in these episodes on September 24th, two days before the season premiere. Other songs include "Help," "A Hard Day's Night," "All You Need Is Love," "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," "Hey Jude" and "Let It Be," MTV reports.
In addition to the Naya-Lovato duet, Lea Michele's cover of "Yesterday" has also been released now.
The multi-talented Lovato will only make her debut after the second half of the two-part episode the following week. It is rumoured that Lovato's Glee guest role would involve a lesbian love story with Naya Rivera's character Santana.
A special tribute episode honoring the late Cory Monteith, boyfriend of Lea Michelle, will air on October 10, where Adam Lambert is also set to make an appearance.
Glee will take a small break before returning to television on November 7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best