Sushant Singh Rajput Beats Hrithik Roshan to Big Banner Roles
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 18, 2013 6:24 PM EST
Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who is basking in the success of his urban romantic flick "Shuddh Desi Romance", will replace Hrithik Roshan in a big banner project.
Latest reports suggest that the young actor has replaced Hrithik in Ashutosh Gowariker's next film which is reportedly based on the Mohenjodaro archaeological ruins of the Indus Valley civilization.
According to Daily News and Analysis, the film will be Gowariker's next period drama after "Jodhaa Akbar" and "Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey". The film will have a central love story.
Gowariker, whose first choice was Hrithik, went on to sign Rajput who was on hold for over a year to play the role.
It is believed that Hrithik's 'one-film-at-a time' rule and his recent brain surgery apparently led Gowariker to settle for Rajput.
The filmmaker has reportedly roped in a team of archeologists to lend his film an authentic appeal.
The film will be Rajput's second film where he has replaced Hrithik.
Earlier reports had stated that Shekhar Kapur's ambitious Hollywood project "Paani" is in the process of considering Rajput as its lead, replacing Hrithik.
The futuristic project which is rumored to star Kristen Stewart might now have the young actor, who made a huge leap from television to the silver screen.
Shekhar Kapur's "Paani' has been in talks for quite some time with Hrithik even expressing his desire to work with the acclaimed director. There were also reports that "Twilight "actress Stewart had expressed her admiration for Hrithik and their possible pairing-up for the project.
But as of now, Rajput seems to be a clear winner racing ahead of his contemporaries and even senior actors with a Hollywood project in his pocket.
Rajput is also set to work with Dibakar Bannerjee's upcoming detective film and has a significant part in Rajkumar Hirani's upcoming "P.K" starring Aamir Khan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists