Sushant Singh Rajput Beats Hrithik Roshan to Big Banner Roles
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 18, 2013 6:24 PM EST
Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who is basking in the success of his urban romantic flick "Shuddh Desi Romance", will replace Hrithik Roshan in a big banner project.
Latest reports suggest that the young actor has replaced Hrithik in Ashutosh Gowariker's next film which is reportedly based on the Mohenjodaro archaeological ruins of the Indus Valley civilization.
According to Daily News and Analysis, the film will be Gowariker's next period drama after "Jodhaa Akbar" and "Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey". The film will have a central love story.
Gowariker, whose first choice was Hrithik, went on to sign Rajput who was on hold for over a year to play the role.
It is believed that Hrithik's 'one-film-at-a time' rule and his recent brain surgery apparently led Gowariker to settle for Rajput.
The filmmaker has reportedly roped in a team of archeologists to lend his film an authentic appeal.
The film will be Rajput's second film where he has replaced Hrithik.
Earlier reports had stated that Shekhar Kapur's ambitious Hollywood project "Paani" is in the process of considering Rajput as its lead, replacing Hrithik.
The futuristic project which is rumored to star Kristen Stewart might now have the young actor, who made a huge leap from television to the silver screen.
Shekhar Kapur's "Paani' has been in talks for quite some time with Hrithik even expressing his desire to work with the acclaimed director. There were also reports that "Twilight "actress Stewart had expressed her admiration for Hrithik and their possible pairing-up for the project.
But as of now, Rajput seems to be a clear winner racing ahead of his contemporaries and even senior actors with a Hollywood project in his pocket.
Rajput is also set to work with Dibakar Bannerjee's upcoming detective film and has a significant part in Rajkumar Hirani's upcoming "P.K" starring Aamir Khan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]