Sushant Singh Rajput Beats Hrithik Roshan to Big Banner Roles
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | September 18, 2013 6:24 PM EST
Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who is basking in the success of his urban romantic flick "Shuddh Desi Romance", will replace Hrithik Roshan in a big banner project.
Latest reports suggest that the young actor has replaced Hrithik in Ashutosh Gowariker's next film which is reportedly based on the Mohenjodaro archaeological ruins of the Indus Valley civilization.
According to Daily News and Analysis, the film will be Gowariker's next period drama after "Jodhaa Akbar" and "Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey". The film will have a central love story.
Gowariker, whose first choice was Hrithik, went on to sign Rajput who was on hold for over a year to play the role.
It is believed that Hrithik's 'one-film-at-a time' rule and his recent brain surgery apparently led Gowariker to settle for Rajput.
The filmmaker has reportedly roped in a team of archeologists to lend his film an authentic appeal.
The film will be Rajput's second film where he has replaced Hrithik.
Earlier reports had stated that Shekhar Kapur's ambitious Hollywood project "Paani" is in the process of considering Rajput as its lead, replacing Hrithik.
The futuristic project which is rumored to star Kristen Stewart might now have the young actor, who made a huge leap from television to the silver screen.
Shekhar Kapur's "Paani' has been in talks for quite some time with Hrithik even expressing his desire to work with the acclaimed director. There were also reports that "Twilight "actress Stewart had expressed her admiration for Hrithik and their possible pairing-up for the project.
But as of now, Rajput seems to be a clear winner racing ahead of his contemporaries and even senior actors with a Hollywood project in his pocket.
Rajput is also set to work with Dibakar Bannerjee's upcoming detective film and has a significant part in Rajkumar Hirani's upcoming "P.K" starring Aamir Khan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks