The device was launched with Android Ice Cream Sandwich software and later upgraded to Android version 4.1.2. With base firmware XXDMH2, the update is currently available for users in Australia as OTA update and live through Samsung Kies as well.
Android 4.2.2 software update is available for the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110.
Version: Android 4.2.2
Build date: 13 August, 2013
Those who wish to install XXDMH2 Android 4.2.2 manually on their Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 may follow our step-by-step guide. As the XXDMH2 build is an unbranded version of firmware it can be installed on any unlocked P5110 unit regardless of country and region.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any mishap. Users are advised to verify that their devices meet the following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to connect the Android device with computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on tablet to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and check USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the tablet, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod/TWRP installed then backup all the data using the recovery.
4) Ensure the battery of the Galaxy tablet is having above 80% charge.
5) The tablet should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version once the official firmware is installed.
7) The tablet will lose custom firmware with installation of official build. Additionally, the custom recovery will be replaced by stock recovery.
8) XXDMH2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean works only on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 by navigating to Settings>> About tablet>> Model number.
Steps to install XXDMH2 Android 4.2.2 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110
Step-1: Download XXDMH2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official update for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to computer
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool to get a file with .tar.md5 extension with some other files
Step-3: Download Odin v3.07. Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and few other files
Step-4: Turn off the Galaxy tablet and wait for about five to six seconds for vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-5: Boot the Galaxy Tab into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on the screen. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter into Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator [To do so, right-click on Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from context menu.]
Step-7: Connect the tablet to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the tablet is connected to the computer successfully, an Added message will appear under Odin message box. Also, the ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. In case Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-8: Select the files extracted from P5110XXDMH2 folder to install on the tablet
a) Click the PDA button and select the file with .tar.md5 extension
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (b, c and d) in case such files are not found.
Step-9: Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Uncheck Re-Partition option and select it only when a .pit file is being used
Step-10: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take few minutes to complete
Step-11: When the installation process is completed, the tablet will restart automatically. And soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from computer
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 should now be updated with the new XXDMH2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Settings>> About tablet to verify the software version of the device.
How to Fix Bootloop Issue
If the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 gets stuck at boot animation or experiences bootloop (after step-11), thengo to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together. In the recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting wipe data/factory reset and then select Wipe Cache Partition. When the wiping task is done, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use the Volume buttons to navigate between options and the Power button to select the desired option. Performing data wiping task will erase the internal memory data of the device.
Also read: Root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) P5110 on Android 4.2.2 [GUIDE]
[Source: Honai of Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: