Apple Confirms iPhone 5s and 5c Sept 20 Release Date
By Athena Yenko | September 18, 2013 3:53 PM EST
"Every customer who buys an iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c at an Apple retail store will be offered free Personal Setup service, helping them customize their iPhone by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store and more, so they'll be up and running with their new iPhone before they leave the store. In the US, the new iPhones will be available through AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, select Best Buy, RadioShack, Target and Walmart stores and Apple Authorized Resellers," according to Apple's official statement.
The iPhone 5s:
- thin and light design
- Apple-designed A7 64-bit chip
- all-new 8 megapixel iSight camera with True Tone flash
- Touch ID
"iPhone 5s is the most forward-thinking smartphone in the world, delivering desktop class architecture in the palm of your hand. iPhone 5s sets a new standard for smartphones, packed into its beautiful and refined design are breakthrough features that really matter to people, like Touch ID, a simple and secure way to unlock your phone with just a touch of your finger," according to Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
The iPhone 5c:
- 4-inch Retina display
- A6 chip
- 8 megapixel iSight camera
Both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c offer LTE bands than any other smartphone and will both include an all-new FaceTime HD Cameras.
"iPhone 5c is everything iPhone 5 was and more, in an all-new design packed with great features. iPhone 5c is designed with a beautiful polycarbonate enclosure that looks and feels so solid in your hand," Mr Schiller said.
Estimates of Pre-orders and First Week Sales
Meanwhile, a report from ValueWalk said that Citi analysts estimated the iPhone 5s and 5c sales to reach 7.75 million during the first weekend.
As for the iPhone 5c, analysts estimated pre-order units of 2.2 million. This figure includes possible pre-orders from China and HongKong.
Some analysts also predicted that Apple Inc (Nasdaq:AAPL) may reach 1 million iPhone 5c pre-orders on the first day of its release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Is Not Behind Samsung’s Downfall, The Real Achilles' Heel Is Xiaomi--Reports
- Telstra Pays $102,000 For iPhone 6 Misleading Advertisement
- Unruly Female Passenger Who Assaults FA Forces Air Canada To Divert Flight
- Instagram Rolls Out Five New Filters Including Aden, Crema, Ludwig, Perpetua And Slumber For Better Photos [WATCH VIDEO]
- Tariff Cuts Underway With Japan-Australia Economic Partnership