‘Metallica: Through The Never’ Film Premiere: Band Members Arrive in Black Leather and Sunglasses on Red Carpet, New Album Next Year
By Tarun Mazumdar | September 17, 2013 5:39 PM EST
Metallica band members arrive on the red carpet sporting leather attire and sunglasses for the night screening at the Metreon Theatre in San Francisco, California on Sept. 16. All that was missing was flames spurting out from the carpet as they walk like rockstars on it. But they looked happy at the official premiere of their film, "Metallica: Through The Never."
Metallica chose the AMC Metreon 16 in downtown San Francisco for the official U.S. launch for it 3-D extravaganza. They said to a source that was never a question, as reported by San Francisco Chronicle.
"It's kind of bizarre actually, to be standing on a red carpet in a place where you usually buy your popcorn," front man and guitarist James Hetfield said. "It really brings it home, knowing that you're premiering your film in a place where you bring your kids to watch movies."
It was a sight to see the thrash pioneers walking on the red carpet, politely posing for photographs and answering questions over and over again.
Drummer Lars Ulrich was asked about what he was wearing, and this is what he said.
"I actually know what I'm wearing! It's Comme des Garçons," Ulrich said, holding his black suit jacket. "That's how close to professional we are right now."
James Hetfield came in a black leather suit jacket while lead guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo sported sunglasses like true metalheads.
"Metallica: Through The Never" is a unique film IMAX 3D film with actual concert footage and a narrative story revolving around a roadie played by aspiring actor Dane DeHaan on a quest to reclaim an important piece of gear.
On the new album front, in 2008 Metallica released "Death Magnetic" and we fans are craving for a new record. Bassist Robert Trujillo commented on the new album.
"Obviously for next year, our priority has to be making a new record," he said. "We've been detoured from that through the course of the year." According to Trujillo, Metallica has "a stockpile of riffs," but none of them have been shaped into songs yet.
"In 2014, it'll be all about getting new music," Trujillo continued. "Without any interruptions, hopefully," as reported by TGDaily.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia