‘Metallica: Through The Never’ Film Premiere: Band Members Arrive in Black Leather and Sunglasses on Red Carpet, New Album Next Year
By Tarun Mazumdar | September 17, 2013 5:39 PM EST
Metallica band members arrive on the red carpet sporting leather attire and sunglasses for the night screening at the Metreon Theatre in San Francisco, California on Sept. 16. All that was missing was flames spurting out from the carpet as they walk like rockstars on it. But they looked happy at the official premiere of their film, "Metallica: Through The Never."
Metallica chose the AMC Metreon 16 in downtown San Francisco for the official U.S. launch for it 3-D extravaganza. They said to a source that was never a question, as reported by San Francisco Chronicle.
"It's kind of bizarre actually, to be standing on a red carpet in a place where you usually buy your popcorn," front man and guitarist James Hetfield said. "It really brings it home, knowing that you're premiering your film in a place where you bring your kids to watch movies."
It was a sight to see the thrash pioneers walking on the red carpet, politely posing for photographs and answering questions over and over again.
Drummer Lars Ulrich was asked about what he was wearing, and this is what he said.
"I actually know what I'm wearing! It's Comme des Garçons," Ulrich said, holding his black suit jacket. "That's how close to professional we are right now."
James Hetfield came in a black leather suit jacket while lead guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo sported sunglasses like true metalheads.
"Metallica: Through The Never" is a unique film IMAX 3D film with actual concert footage and a narrative story revolving around a roadie played by aspiring actor Dane DeHaan on a quest to reclaim an important piece of gear.
On the new album front, in 2008 Metallica released "Death Magnetic" and we fans are craving for a new record. Bassist Robert Trujillo commented on the new album.
"Obviously for next year, our priority has to be making a new record," he said. "We've been detoured from that through the course of the year." According to Trujillo, Metallica has "a stockpile of riffs," but none of them have been shaped into songs yet.
"In 2014, it'll be all about getting new music," Trujillo continued. "Without any interruptions, hopefully," as reported by TGDaily.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU