‘Metallica: Through The Never’ Film Premiere: Band Members Arrive in Black Leather and Sunglasses on Red Carpet, New Album Next Year
By Tarun Mazumdar | September 17, 2013 5:39 PM EST
Metallica band members arrive on the red carpet sporting leather attire and sunglasses for the night screening at the Metreon Theatre in San Francisco, California on Sept. 16. All that was missing was flames spurting out from the carpet as they walk like rockstars on it. But they looked happy at the official premiere of their film, "Metallica: Through The Never."
Metallica chose the AMC Metreon 16 in downtown San Francisco for the official U.S. launch for it 3-D extravaganza. They said to a source that was never a question, as reported by San Francisco Chronicle.
"It's kind of bizarre actually, to be standing on a red carpet in a place where you usually buy your popcorn," front man and guitarist James Hetfield said. "It really brings it home, knowing that you're premiering your film in a place where you bring your kids to watch movies."
It was a sight to see the thrash pioneers walking on the red carpet, politely posing for photographs and answering questions over and over again.
Drummer Lars Ulrich was asked about what he was wearing, and this is what he said.
"I actually know what I'm wearing! It's Comme des Garçons," Ulrich said, holding his black suit jacket. "That's how close to professional we are right now."
James Hetfield came in a black leather suit jacket while lead guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo sported sunglasses like true metalheads.
"Metallica: Through The Never" is a unique film IMAX 3D film with actual concert footage and a narrative story revolving around a roadie played by aspiring actor Dane DeHaan on a quest to reclaim an important piece of gear.
On the new album front, in 2008 Metallica released "Death Magnetic" and we fans are craving for a new record. Bassist Robert Trujillo commented on the new album.
"Obviously for next year, our priority has to be making a new record," he said. "We've been detoured from that through the course of the year." According to Trujillo, Metallica has "a stockpile of riffs," but none of them have been shaped into songs yet.
"In 2014, it'll be all about getting new music," Trujillo continued. "Without any interruptions, hopefully," as reported by TGDaily.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]