‘Metallica: Through The Never’ Film Premiere: Band Members Arrive in Black Leather and Sunglasses on Red Carpet, New Album Next Year
By Tarun Mazumdar | September 17, 2013 5:39 PM EST
Metallica band members arrive on the red carpet sporting leather attire and sunglasses for the night screening at the Metreon Theatre in San Francisco, California on Sept. 16. All that was missing was flames spurting out from the carpet as they walk like rockstars on it. But they looked happy at the official premiere of their film, "Metallica: Through The Never."
Metallica chose the AMC Metreon 16 in downtown San Francisco for the official U.S. launch for it 3-D extravaganza. They said to a source that was never a question, as reported by San Francisco Chronicle.
"It's kind of bizarre actually, to be standing on a red carpet in a place where you usually buy your popcorn," front man and guitarist James Hetfield said. "It really brings it home, knowing that you're premiering your film in a place where you bring your kids to watch movies."
It was a sight to see the thrash pioneers walking on the red carpet, politely posing for photographs and answering questions over and over again.
Drummer Lars Ulrich was asked about what he was wearing, and this is what he said.
"I actually know what I'm wearing! It's Comme des Garçons," Ulrich said, holding his black suit jacket. "That's how close to professional we are right now."
James Hetfield came in a black leather suit jacket while lead guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo sported sunglasses like true metalheads.
"Metallica: Through The Never" is a unique film IMAX 3D film with actual concert footage and a narrative story revolving around a roadie played by aspiring actor Dane DeHaan on a quest to reclaim an important piece of gear.
On the new album front, in 2008 Metallica released "Death Magnetic" and we fans are craving for a new record. Bassist Robert Trujillo commented on the new album.
"Obviously for next year, our priority has to be making a new record," he said. "We've been detoured from that through the course of the year." According to Trujillo, Metallica has "a stockpile of riffs," but none of them have been shaped into songs yet.
"In 2014, it'll be all about getting new music," Trujillo continued. "Without any interruptions, hopefully," as reported by TGDaily.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon