‘Metallica: Through The Never’ Film Premiere: Band Members Arrive in Black Leather and Sunglasses on Red Carpet, New Album Next Year
By Tarun Mazumdar | September 17, 2013 5:39 PM EST
Metallica band members arrive on the red carpet sporting leather attire and sunglasses for the night screening at the Metreon Theatre in San Francisco, California on Sept. 16. All that was missing was flames spurting out from the carpet as they walk like rockstars on it. But they looked happy at the official premiere of their film, "Metallica: Through The Never."
Metallica chose the AMC Metreon 16 in downtown San Francisco for the official U.S. launch for it 3-D extravaganza. They said to a source that was never a question, as reported by San Francisco Chronicle.
"It's kind of bizarre actually, to be standing on a red carpet in a place where you usually buy your popcorn," front man and guitarist James Hetfield said. "It really brings it home, knowing that you're premiering your film in a place where you bring your kids to watch movies."
It was a sight to see the thrash pioneers walking on the red carpet, politely posing for photographs and answering questions over and over again.
Drummer Lars Ulrich was asked about what he was wearing, and this is what he said.
"I actually know what I'm wearing! It's Comme des Garçons," Ulrich said, holding his black suit jacket. "That's how close to professional we are right now."
James Hetfield came in a black leather suit jacket while lead guitarist Kirk Hammett and bassist Robert Trujillo sported sunglasses like true metalheads.
"Metallica: Through The Never" is a unique film IMAX 3D film with actual concert footage and a narrative story revolving around a roadie played by aspiring actor Dane DeHaan on a quest to reclaim an important piece of gear.
On the new album front, in 2008 Metallica released "Death Magnetic" and we fans are craving for a new record. Bassist Robert Trujillo commented on the new album.
"Obviously for next year, our priority has to be making a new record," he said. "We've been detoured from that through the course of the year." According to Trujillo, Metallica has "a stockpile of riffs," but none of them have been shaped into songs yet.
"In 2014, it'll be all about getting new music," Trujillo continued. "Without any interruptions, hopefully," as reported by TGDaily.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown