‘Breaking Bad’ Series Finale: What will Happen to Jesse Pinkman?
By Anshu Shrivastava | September 17, 2013 5:10 PM EST
AMC's cult drama series "Breaking Bad" has two more episodes to air and then it will be over for one of the most critically acclaimed drama series in recent times. In the episode "Ozymandias" of "Breaking Bad," Walter White (Bryan Cranston) became a fugitive, running away from his family and law. He was responsible -- albeit indirectly -- for the death of his brother-in-law, Hank (Dean Norris).
Walt's cancer diagnosis put him on the path of cooking crystal meth, but he went deeper and became a sinister drug-lord, 'Heisenberg'. And, finally he paid the price. In his mind, Walt did everything for his family and now they have turned against him and he has lost Hank, too.
"I think Walt always had Heisenberg deep inside of him. It's like the expression, "Money doesn't change people, money just shows who people truly are inside." I think this has always been a part of Walt," Aaron Paul, who plays the character of Jesse Pinkman, said in an interview with RollingStone.
Jesse Pinkman was Walt's most trusted partner. They started cooking crystal meth, together and Walt really cared about Jesse. Walt's moral conscience never pricked him, while Jesse started to crumble under the burden of the crimes that he silently witnessed and committed.
For Walt, Jesse was family, and thus -- in his own twisted logic -- he wanted a painless, no suffering kind of death for him. But, the revelation that Jesse teamed-up with Hank to trap him and then the death of Hank charred the remnants of care for Jesse.
In "Breaking Bad" episode 14, "Found him (Jesse)," Walt said to Jack and pointed at Jesse who was hiding under the car. Todd (Jesse Plemons) intervention may have saved him - temporarily -- from an inevitable death but Walt's words provided the pain and suffering. Jesse would find it difficult to recover from the revelation about Jane's (Krysten Ritter) death, even if he survives.
"I watched Jane die. I was there, and I watched her die. I watched her overdose and choke to death. I could have saved her, but I didn't," Walt said to Jesse.
At the end of episode 14, Jesse's face was bloody, battered and bruised, probably all his bones were crushed, by Jack's men. Todd helped him out from the underground dungeon and took him to the crystal-meth lab, where Jesse saw Brock and his mother photograph. Todd said: "Lets cook."
What will happen to Jesse? "Before we shot the final eight episodes, I used to say, "I want Jesse to kill Todd, and I want Jesse to kill Walt," Aaron told RollingStone.
Jesse Pinkman might be the one who will put Walt six feet under. The revelation of Jane's death provides him the weapon to do that. For Jesse, it has been a brutal turn of events. Jesse may end-up living a painful life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Update: Laurina Talks About Her Exit, Jessica’s Acting Background Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1