Android 4.4 KitKat will support more phones and tablets including ones which already aged long ago. Know the HTC, LG, Samsung and Sony Android devices which are eligible to Google's new Android OS.
HTC smartphones are well known for its Sense UI which is virtually lagless compared with other Android devices out there. HTC imparted powerful hardware components and premium materials to promote stability and elegance. Certain HTC phones are qualified to get Android 4.4 KitKat and hopefully the company can push software upgrades to them soon.
1. The One Family including HTC One, HTC One X and HTC One X+
2. New Desire family released in 2013
3. Desire line up including Desire X and Desire V
4. DROID DNA, HTC J and Butterfly
Most of these devices have at least 512 MB of RAM and runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. Android 4.4 KitKat has been speculated to feature Linux kernel 3.8 for low-memory requirements.
Several models from the LG Optimus line are qualified to run Android 4.4 KitKat with at least 512 MB of RAM. Some of these units include:
2. Nexus 4
3. Optimus L7, L5 and L3
4. Optimus G and G Pro
5. Optimus VU
LG remains quite if when they are going to push Jelly Bean updates to their smartphones and still unclear when they will announce official KitKat release.
Samsung Galaxy Line
Samsung's vast smartphones and tablets line up are expected to receive Android 4.4 KitKat as well. However, the company seems to stagger updates on their devices due to overpopulation.
1. Galaxy S4 line: Galaxy S4 original, Zoom and Active
2. Galaxy S line: Galaxy S3 and S2
3. Galaxy Note: Note phablets and Note tablets
4. Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3
5. Galaxy Tab: Galaxy Tab 3, Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy Tab 1
6. Mid-range devices such as Galaxy Young, Galaxy Fame, Galaxy Mini and Galaxy Ace
Samsung recently decided to skip Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 and instead will push Android 4.3 to save time and effort. The company may also release Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to selected device but it remains unclear which one and when.
Sony Xperia Smartphones
Sony Xperia phones feature combined multimedia applications and Exmor camera sensors with fast processors from Qualcomm. The Japanese tech company is now developing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for selected Xperia phones which be pushed primarily on the Xperia Z family. Android 4.4 KitKat is expected soon to arrive to the following devices:
1. Xperia Z family: Z original, ZR, ZL, Z Ultra and Z1 Honami
2. Xperia tablet S and tablet Z
3. Xperia mid-range phones: Xperia M, C, SP, L, S, SL, U and many more
Sony mobile devices are commonly equipped with 512 MB of RAM and a single-core Qualcomm processor.
To contact the editor, e-mail: